AmeriCare Interview

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Of your professionalism - you look good and thu hire you. Trust, we've all stood around joking about the interviewees who blow it by showing up looking lame or totally fail on their skills - ie upside down AND inside out c-collars, bad CPR, npa in the mouth, ect. They don't care about tats, mine showed.

Star of Life

Forum Probie
I have an interview here on Thursday at 3 in Carson, post on here after you guys do yours and let me know how it goes and what it's like!!!

I'm going to PRN's job fair tomorrow at 11 in Glendale, you guys should check that out as well. Good luck!

tylerkd07

Forum Crew Member
Just got back from the interview. Passed everything. I think I did pretty well on the oral. They said they'll get back with me in Friday or Monday if they offer me a job. So hopefully! Did they say this to anyone else? How did everyone else do?

ogodinez7

Forum Ride Along
Just got back from the interview. Passed everything. I think I did pretty well on the oral. They said they'll get back with me in Friday or Monday if they offer me a job. So hopefully! Did they say this to anyone else? How did everyone else do?

Congrats!
I failed the skills, CPR and Spinal Immbolization, damm so close :(

Danno

Forum Lieutenant

Your interview consist of anything new/out of the ordinary?

tylerkd07

Forum Crew Member
what skills did you guys have to do? was it easy?

It was easy for me. They made u just talk them thru the skills. The only hands on was CPR and the c collar.. the other skills were op , np, bvm and portable suction. Took all of 3 to 5 mins. Hope this helps

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
It was easy for me. They made u just talk them thru the skills. The only hands on was CPR and the c collar.. the other skills were op , np, bvm and portable suction. Took all of 3 to 5 mins. Hope this helps

Hmm no pt assessment? I wonder if these are picked at random.

I assume the written is 80% just like the NR?

tylerkd07

Forum Crew Member
Hmm no pt assessment? I wonder if these are picked at random.

I assume the written is 80% just like the NR?

They give u a skill sheet to look over before the test. No pt exam. But obviously u know it so you'll be fine. And yes 80%. Don't stress out on the skills it was a piece of cake

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
Yea man np. Like I said study for the written test. There were 10 of us and 7 of them didn't pass. Study up! :cool:

I hear that! Mine went well, I think. We started with 9 then after the written test we had 4. I nailed the written test, with a near perfect score, then got a little worried as I stumbled a bit with a couple of skill questions. I did have to talk through a rapid trama assessment, and demonstrate how to insert an OPA. All in all I feel it went well. The interview itself wasn't bad at all. Everyone seemed very friendly and professional, which I liked a lot.

I too was told I'd hear by Friday, or Monday the latest. So we'll see.

Good job to everyone that did well, good luck to those who are about to go in, and to those who didn't make it this time around... Keep yer head up, study and attack it again!

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Was kind of stressed about the written test, but ended up getting a 94% and breezed through the skills. Only thing is my availability is kind of limited, but she said due to my scores on written and skills its not a no just yet. So we'll see, i have my fingers crossed.

DId anyone catch the name of the female interviewer btw? Should have asked but forgot on the way out.