AmeriCare Interview

What the crap! I applied in November and never got a call back!

I called a few times, I got the "We have it on file" response.

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
haha just read this whole thread. Good luck guys!! my interview is at 9 next thurs. :usa:

ogodinez7

Forum Ride Along
Interview

I have an interview with them at Carson on March 7 as well, does anyone know what color polo shirt they want us to wear?lol

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
ya id just go with a nice plane dark colored polo with nice pants n shoes.

Also you guys have any idea what the skills test will be like? Assessments?

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
ya id just go with a nice plane dark colored polo with nice pants n shoes.

Also you guys have any idea what the skills test will be like? Assessments?

I would definitely dress nicer than a polo to an interview. Maybe a white button up long sleeve with a tie?

SoCalEMS

Forum Probie
I would definitely dress nicer than a polo to an interview. Maybe a white button up long sleeve with a tie?

Agreed..unless they specifically said "wear a polo" I wouldn't. My last interview i felt underdressed after seeing the previous guy walk out in a suit. You can't go wrong with button up (plain) slacks (no jeans) a tie and dress shoes (polished) :cool:

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
the lady specificaly said casual and to wear either a short sleeve button up shirt or polo.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
I was standing there when she was calling you guys. Just an FYI, it's a test only 2 guys in 2 years got hired wearing normal clothes. But don't wear a suit either.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
I wore a black button up dress :censored::censored::censored::censored: and a maroon tie and kacki dockers with the sleeves rolled up.

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
kinda bummed now, i just started to realize that americare is prob around an hour drive from my house, and i drive a truck that doesnt get good gas mileage. prob going to cancel this oppurtunity out :( unless i wanted to pay more for gas then what i make.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
I live in riverside and drove a v8 f250. I wasn't that bad, I worked 3 24's a week, so I only had to drive there 3 times. Plus there's stations all over, so chances are there's a station near your place.

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
I was standing there when she was calling you guys. Just an FYI, it's a test only 2 guys in 2 years got hired wearing normal clothes. But don't wear a suit either.

I was told the same thing, i.e. wear a short sleeve polo or dress shirt. I presumed it was because they wanted to see if you had any visible tattoos. I've never worn a short sleeve shirt to an interview before, so I thought that was weird. Now, you're saying it's a test? Wow. A test of what? Do they want to see if you'll deliberately disobey orders in order to look better? :rofl: