AmeriCare Interview

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
Just landed an interview with AmeriCare next week. I'm lookin forward to it. Any pointers from those who've been there, done that? :rolleyes:

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
I had an interview with AmeriCare (SD) last thursday and completely bombed it. Dont really expect a call back from them... Definitely know your splints and your mnemonics (APGAR, PEARL, etc...) as well as the Glasgow scale and the points that goes along with it. Good luck captainkidd

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
Just landed an interview with AmeriCare next week. I'm lookin forward to it. Any pointers from those who've been there, done that? :rolleyes:

Where did you apply?

I had an interview with AmeriCare (SD) last thursday and completely bombed it. Dont really expect a call back from them... Definitely know your splints and your mnemonics (APGAR, PEARL, etc...) as well as the Glasgow scale and the points that goes along with it. Good luck captainkidd

Did you drive to Escondido for the interview? (Or maybe you reside in north county?)

tylerkd07

Forum Crew Member
^^^^
Haha nice man. What time? I'm at 11am. I was going to do 9am but didn't want to deal with the traffic :)

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member

How'd you bomb?

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
Where did you apply?

Did you drive to Escondido for the interview? (Or maybe you reside in north county?)

Yes it was the Escondido station. I'm pretty sure thats the only one in north county besides Carlsbad.

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
Hahaha...well usually when I get nervous I tend to forget things :unsure: Just some of the splints I forgot how to use because it has been a long time since I used them (segar and hare traction splints)

I hear that. I think many people, including myself, will tend to forget somethings when they get nervous. Do you really think you bombed that bad? Maybe it wasn't as bad as you think.

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
Haha yeah I know i guess what im trying to say is just go over your stuff before you go in thats all. Yeah I dont know because I have experience as an EMT which alot of people dont applying to AmeriCare, but who knows...I dont really expect them to call me back after my interview

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
Haha yeah I know i guess what im trying to say is just go over your stuff before you go in thats all. Yeah I dont know because I have experience as an EMT which alot of people dont applying to AmeriCare, but who knows...I dont really expect them to call me back after my interview

I hear ya. Well, good luck. I hope you hear something. :beerchug: