Americare Ambulace hiring process?

almorajo25

Forum Probie
Hi everyone!
Can anyone tell me how long does it take to get an email/call to take the written exam? Is it harder than the NREMT? Please and thank you!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Apply, come in to take a short written test and skills test (basic EMT-B stuff), and a standard interview, all in one day, if you accept, you'll get paid a couple pennies more than minimum wage and run BLS IFTs on old beat up ambulances because their 911 area is ~5 rigs in Santa Monica, which are seniority based so good luck getting assigned there, but you'll still get to run there because they pull those rigs out for IFTs and leave SM without coverage so they'll then send a unit code 3 from somewhere in the county to post there. I'm sure you'll love it.

OP
OP
A

almorajo25

Forum Probie
Thanks! When I submitted my application, I was told to take a quiz online. When I called they said it was considered the written exam. Did you do this? Also how long does it take for them to call back? I submitted my application last Thursday.

OP
OP
A

almorajo25

Forum Probie
I was able to land an interview on Monday. What kinds of skills will be tested on and how is the interview portion? Any advice would be very helpful!

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Posting four places for an answer isn't going to get you one in a hurry. Be patient and wait for someone to answer. You are applying at a place where a pulse and a patch is all that's needed.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I was able to land an interview on Monday. What kinds of skills will be tested on and how is the interview portion? Any advice would be very helpful!
Show up and meet the minimum requirements (pulse, CPR, BLS card) and you'll be fine. The standards aren't set very high

OP
OP
A

almorajo25

Forum Probie
Sorry you guys Im just so nervous! Its been months since I practiced on skills. Will they ask scenario questions? And are we also tested on patient assessment?