American Paramedic moving to Australia

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Holy thread resurrection Batman! I posted this months ago!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Have you called them and spoken with someone? That'd be your best bet.

I know certain Australian states are recruiting medics from out of the country while others have plenty of citizens interested in the job so visas can be hard to come by. That's all reading and anecdotal from coworkers who have investigated the process.

Australia would be an awesome place to live though.

gwittles

Forum Ride Along
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Have you called them and spoken with someone? That'd be your best bet.

I know certain Australian states are recruiting medics from out of the country while others have plenty of citizens interested in the job so visas can be hard to come by. That's all reading and anecdotal from coworkers who have investigated the process.

Australia would be an awesome place to live though.

As far as I can tell the only people that will sponcer a visa are WA but they have not had a drive in months. I am going for a GSM visa and then once there I will look for a job, I have had some promising answers but only once I have a VISA.

What is taking the time is the assessment for migration purposses and that is why I am looking for an Israeli paramedic working there so I can show the assessment agency that we are accepted.

Thanks

Greg

downunderwunda

Forum Captain
i would suggest you contact each state service individually. You will need to see if you will get recognition of prior learning. Otherwise you can roll the dice for General Entry, or line u & do a University Degree....

You can see what is expected here for Queensland & the equivalent for a number of countries http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/recruitment/pdf/EOQ_Matrix_March_2004.pdf