American Medical Response Interview

Skycap

Forum Probie
Well, I just had my skills testing a few days ago - passed it; got an interview on the same day out of it. Now I'm waiting on a response.

Just curious as to how soon I can expect a response? Or how well you have to do to get in! I'm ready to start a career in EMS!

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
For Irwindale, you should hear back from in about 2-2.5 weeks. at least thats when they got back to me after i interviewed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Depends on the division. Could be a matter of days to a couple of weeks.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
totally depends on the region/outfit. I think I got a phone call the day after the interview with an offer. Good luck

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I had my testing earlier this week, my interview yesterday, and got an email with an offer soon after. The interviewer said she'd have to get back to me on when orientation starts. I can't wait to start working.

OP
OP
S

Skycap

Forum Probie
I had my testing earlier this week, my interview yesterday, and got an email with an offer soon after. The interviewer said she'd have to get back to me on when orientation starts. I can't wait to start working.

I'm glad for you CritterNurse! I hope it's everything you expect it to be and more! Hopefully I'll get a call back soon as well! :)

EMT John

Forum Crew Member
I'm glad for you CritterNurse! I hope it's everything you expect it to be and more! Hopefully I'll get a call back soon as well! :)

What divison are you applying for?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm sorry, I don't know what you're referring to when you say division.

AMR is the biggest ambulance company in the US. In order to get a better location on where you are at AMR divides itselfs into counties. Then within the county they have divisions.

For example: AMR San Bernardino County. In it you have Redlands division, rancho division, and Victorville division.

AMR Riverside County: Riverside (north) division, Riverside (south) division, Palm Springs/Desert Cities division, and Hemet/Pass division.

Each division varies greatly in how they operate.

OP
OP
S

Skycap

Forum Probie
AMR is the biggest ambulance company in the US. In order to get a better location on where you are at AMR divides itselfs into counties. Then within the county they have divisions.

For example: AMR San Bernardino County. In it you have Redlands division, rancho division, and Victorville division.

AMR Riverside County: Riverside (north) division, Riverside (south) division, Palm Springs/Desert Cities division, and Hemet/Pass division.

Each division varies greatly in how they operate.

I suppose it'd be in Tulare County, although I'm not exact on how much further that would break down.

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
Hello Skycap. I actually just tested and interviewed as well for the Tulare County job. Location is Visalia. I was told that we'd hear on Tuesday or Wednesday if we were going to be hired. Did they contact you about getting a signature for a background check? ? ? ?

OP
OP
S

Skycap

Forum Probie
Hello Skycap. I actually just tested and interviewed as well for the Tulare County job. Location is Visalia. I was told that we'd hear on Tuesday or Wednesday if we were going to be hired. Did they contact you about getting a signature for a background check? ? ? ?

They had me sign one right after my interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
I got called!!! AMR offered me the job!!! Friggin happy guy right here!!!! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::p:p:p:cool::cool::cool::cool::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::D:D:D

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I got called!!! AMR offered me the job!!! Friggin happy guy right here!!!! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::p:p:p:cool::cool::cool::cool::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::D:D:D

I hope you're near a bathroom!

Congratulations

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
Right on! Congrats! I PM'd you. Thought we could swap info and whatnot.

Cheers

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
I hope you're near a bathroom!

Congratulations

bahahahahaha That is a lot of beer!!! I got this though! :rofl:

Thanks for the congrats. I've been trying to get on with AMR for a while now. Well really just been trying to get on to a 911 job with more call volume. Right now I'm on the northern california coast and do BLS transfers and some 911 so this will be a nice step towards going to medic school. :D:cool:

EMTMoore86

Forum Probie
I just moved from California to Washington, but I tested with AMR and have an interview next week.

I heard that they also ask assessment questions during the interview?