Ambulance Driver = EMT = Medic

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Oh good heavens this thread just wont go away.

crash_cart

Forum Crew Member
Oh good heavens this thread just wont go away.

LOL-Opinions are like a certain part of the human anatomy, everyone has one.;)

In looking at material to study up, there is a clear distinction between EMT and paramedic. I'm not certain why it's so confusing for the general public, perhaps a new term for EMT needs to be coined and put "out there." CSI has educated many a citizen, maybe we need a rescue show from hollywood to help people get it right.:wacko: I'd like to see a show where "med-techs" and paramedics are featured.B)

As for a blanket term for everyone, why not EMS providers?:unsure:

Okay, problem solved.:D Sorry rg, just had to chip in and bring this one back from oblivion.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Actually there has been shows, but unfortunately majority of the public assume that they have Paramedics when they don't. (As reported by ABC News) Definitely, something BLS services do not want to publicize.

As well, most EMT's fail to recognize that EMT's is just a very small portion of EMS. As well as prehospital care is just a tiny portion to the meaning of EMS. EMS is much more than pre-hospital care.

Doubtful, of one remembers or if you were taught the components of EMS. (Citizens, Communications, Prehospital care, Emergency Intervention, Surgical Intervention, Rehabilitation) Yes, rehab has just as much part as prehospital care. If one is not able to function or live in a normal state, what validity or efforts was our part worth?

Remember, to look outside the box!

R/r 911

JGUSresponder

Forum Ride Along
I agree

LOL-Opinions are like a certain part of the human anatomy, everyone has one.;)

In looking at material to study up, there is a clear distinction between EMT and paramedic. I'm not certain why it's so confusing for the general public, perhaps a new term for EMT needs to be coined and put "out there." CSI has educated many a citizen, maybe we need a rescue show from hollywood to help people get it right.:wacko: I'd like to see a show where "med-techs" and paramedics are featured.B)

As for a blanket term for everyone, why not EMS providers?:unsure:

Okay, problem solved.:D Sorry rg, just had to chip in and bring this one back from oblivion.

I agree "EMS providers" sounds good to me.

I would love a show similar to COPS only EMS

Arkymedic

Forum Captain

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe its because my TV only gets three channels and I won't buy a dish, but the idea of TV being the medium to educate the public about EMS just hurts my head.