OP
OP
W

wowmulewow

Forum Probie
Adamis has brought back the pre filled syringe, 0.3 ml of 1:1000 epi::

http://runway-research.blogspot.com/2013/12/adamis-pharmaceuticals-admp.html
epinephrine-pfs.png

Resembles the older ones where you can give 0.3, then have to give the plunger a 90 degree twist to give a second remeasured 0.3 ml. I cannot find those via google.

Greenstone (generic arm of Pfizer) is selling a generic epi auto-injector.
epin171f.jpg

A thought: once you start stocking, using, disposing and rotating drugs, you have to accept a significantly higher level of budgeting. No way to do it on the cheap in a legal and responsible manner.

Besides, if you're a Coastie, then you have to buy off the GSA catalog, no??:ph34r:

We rarely utilize drugs, most of our calls are trauma related, but occasionally get AMI, Anaphylaxis, Diabetic emergencies, a rare overdose (people do all kinds of things on boats apparently), etc. We only carry enough of each drug to stabilize the patient and transfer them to our local agencies who then transport to the ER. You are correct on GSA catalog for most products, but GSA does not stock pharmaceuticals namely because of expiration and shelf-life of products, and PDA issues. (They were the first place I checked, and that is the answer I received). Thanks for the Greenhouse Generic, I will look into that!

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
Try twin-ject (i think thats the spelling). They are a auto injector that can be taken apart to give a second dose of Epi.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Try twin-ject (i think thats the spelling). They are a auto injector that can be taken apart to give a second dose of Epi.

I don't believe those are manufactured anymore.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Of the ones available on the market, the Adrenaclick is the cheapest at around $200. I haven't used it.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Auvi-Q seems to be the new, vogue version, for consumers. At the pricepoint it is advertised at, it may also be useful for EMS.

DSCN6536.JPG

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
epinephrine-pfs.png

I know, I know… but that clear plastic structure on the plunger between the barrel and the finger pad looks like the old .3 ml limiter on the two-dose pre filled syringes. You would depress the plunger to the stop, withdraw and recap (!) the needle, and wait. If a second dose was called for, twist the plunger (was it 1/4 or 1/2 turn?), which would clear that structure and allow a second 0.3 ml of 1:1,000 epi to be administered. Used to come in a little red kit like the glucagon does, but with the syringe, a thin tourniquet (!!!), and a CTM oral tab (useless).