Albuquerque Ambulance Recruiting Mail

Vegasmedic

Forum Crew Member
howdy all,

So i applied to AAS back in Dec and just had a call/phone interview, i didnt know it was going to be as indepth as it was and wasnt ready but oh well. The lady i talked to was very nice and is the one who decides who will be selected to move to the next process. She said if picked then AAS will fly you down, put you in a room, and get you a rental car!! While there you do your written test, inperson interview, physical, background and a step/lift test. She did note the test is almost 4hours and "very difficult'. If offered a job the start date is march 6th and they offer a relocation bonus and a hiring bonus. Starting pay is 16.60hr with no experiance. When you start there will be a two week new hire course then your with an FTO till they feel your ready, she also said you can be placed on a medic/medic truck till you feel ready or they feel ready for you to be medic/EMT. She said the shifts are 3/13, 4/10, 4/11, and 4/12 and bidding based on seniority.

I didnt ask but there must be a big need for medics if they will fly you down with car and hotel just to test plus a bonus!

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Transport Jockey do you work NM state too?

Mark :)

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Transport Jockey do you work NM state too?

Mark :)
I have for most of my career. Right now I have been doing field work in texas and hospital work in an ED in Albuquerque