Agency affiliation?

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
What is that option for on the nremt site?

JeffDHMC

Forum Lieutenant
In order to maintain your active NR you need to be working (paid/vol, does not matter). You pick which agency you are with and your training person approves affiliation.
I used to see people pick my agency that were not employed w us. Try to resist that urge.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If I understand it correctly, for your first NREMT recert you have to be affiliated with an agency and have your medical director sign off on your skills portion of your re-certification.

After the first time around you can recert as "inactive" without the skills portion but before you start working again you have to apply for "active" status and have your skills signed off by the MD at the agency you're going to start working for.

I'm pretty sure when I went to list my affiliation on the NREMT site it had to be confirmed by my agency but I may be remembering wrong.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Yes Robb you are correct. Also it is the training officer/education guy normally that approves the request at each EMS agency. I changed affiliation last year

MrJones

Iconoclast
So, if you change your affiliation on the NREMT website, do you contact the training/education folks at your new agency to approve it or does NREMT contact them?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
You request affiliation with an agency online on the NREMT website when you are logged in. You select an agency then send the request. That request then go's to whoever is in charge of approving it at your agency and WALL-LA!

However, if your affiliated with an agency and wish to unaffiliate to no agency that is where things get strange. I am stuck in the middle of that right now and have been unable to move forward on the NREMT website or by email so I may have to call soon.

MrJones

Iconoclast
You request affiliation with an agency online on the NREMT website when you are logged in. You select an agency then send the request. That request then go's to whoever is in charge of approving it at your agency and WALL-LA!

However, if your affiliated with an agency and wish to unaffiliate to no agency that is where things get strange. I am stuck in the middle of that right now and have been unable to move forward on the NREMT website or by email so I may have to call soon.

Thanks - that's how I thought it worked. Now all I need to do is figure out why my agency POC has yet to approve my affiliation. ;)

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I have contacted with training supervisor and was told to hold off on that for now.