AEMT in Washington State

SapperEMS

Forum Ride Along
I'm a EMT with three years experience and a AEMT student. I was thinking about relocated to Washington state via AMR. (I work for AMR in the Northeast). Which agencies in WA besides AMR hires uses AEMT's. Does AMR use them on their medic trucks? I hope someone can help me out on this one. Thanks.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm a EMT with three years experience and a AEMT student. I was thinking about relocated to Washington state via AMR. (I work for AMR in the Northeast). Which agencies in WA besides AMR hires uses AEMT's. Does AMR use them on their medic trucks? I hope someone can help me out on this one. Thanks.
@DEmedic, or @FireWA1 probably could:).

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Not many of the highly populated areas hire AEMT's so you would be looking at more amr in Moses lake or a fire department that you could volunteer with that will do an aemt. I think mason county medic one will do aemt. They are not that popular in washington

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's been a while since I've been there. We had Internediates in Yakima, but they worked as basics. Nobody in any of the populated areas used Intermediates. I think Gold Bar fire used them.

Grozler

Forum Crew Member
It's been a while since I've been there. We had Internediates in Yakima, but they worked as basics. Nobody in any of the populated areas used Intermediates. I think Gold Bar fire used them.
Sultan too. AMR Spokane did as well. They work as a "basic" (i.e. drive all the time) but get to start IVs and some ALS stuff if the medic wants their help.

Hold My Beer

Forum Probie
Get your Medic and there are a lot more opportunities. However, a EMT-B makes about the same or even more in King County then a private medic outside of King County. If you want to make a decent living working EMS in Washington you have to either go fire or win the lotto and get on with King County Medic One.

Drax

Forum Captain
So, most agencies don't differentiate. The only time AEMT will do anything for you, at least to my knowledge, is possibly on the East side (Yakima or Spokane regions) with AMR or in the rural parts of some Counties on the East/West side (like Lewis County for example) with volunteer fire departments. I've never encountered an agency with a listing for that specific cert. I may have possibly seen some with it as one of those bonus preference bullets. You're not going to find work specifically as an AEMT in Snohomish, King, Pierce, or Thurston County.

Where there is a population of about 10,000 or more, there are more than likely paramedics running dual medic or running EMT(B sometimes I) and Medic. I'm not even sure if "I" gets you more bucks.