advice about getting a job

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
Hi

soo its been about 4 months since i have taken my national registry. Then in december i got my Ambulance Drivers Certificate. For the past 3 months i have been just going to school full time (freshman college).

Now, i am really looking to get a job as an emt since school has lightened up on me. Unfortunately its been soo long since i have done my basic skills/taken vitals and studied from my emt book. I feel like i have forgotten alot.

Before i apply to any ambulance company's, i want to make sure i am up to par with everything.

Are there refresher courses i can take to help or am i just gonna have to sit down and study everything again?

FYI i live in southern California

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hi

soo its been about 4 months since i have taken my national registry. Then in december i got my Ambulance Drivers Certificate. For the past 3 months i have been just going to school full time (freshman college).

Now, i am really looking to get a job as an emt since school has lightened up on me. Unfortunately its been soo long since i have done my basic skills/taken vitals and studied from my emt book. I feel like i have forgotten alot.

Before i apply to any ambulance company's, i want to make sure i am up to par with everything.

Are there refresher courses i can take to help or am i just gonna have to sit down and study everything again?

FYI i live in southern California

Try volunteering. You can study all you want, but some patient contact will do ya good.

Good luck.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
California right now is apparently one of the hardest states in the country to find work as an EMT-B w/ no experience. The market is so horrendously oversaturated with EMTs it's retarded.