Advanced EMT

Devoted85

Forum Probie
Just found out online that I passed my AEMT exam!! I'm so excited, and thought I'd share with everyone. :)

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats!

18G

Paramedic
Congratulations! It's always a great feeling when you find out you passed.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Congratulations.

Are you employed in EMS or just beginning the search?

OP
OP
D

Devoted85

Forum Probie
I worked on an ambulance about 5 years ago, and now work at a shipyard doing their medical clinic and safety. It's not something I want to stay in though, so I'm getting my medic and going back to what I love.

cynwms

Forum Probie
Congratulations!!!!! I've passed the course and am waiting until first week in January to take the exam.

OP
OP
D

Devoted85

Forum Probie
@cynwms, awesome. It was a tough exam I say. Not terrible, but a LOT of patho on it. I felt like a lot of the questions could've gone 2 ways, but had to go with what I thought was the best answer. Medication questions were all easy. Best of luck my friend.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Is the AEMT exam like the others, a learning exam that cuts you off when you pass or fail.

OP
OP
D

Devoted85

Forum Probie
No, not yet. It's so new that they don't have the data to make it work. Right now it's 135 questions in 135 minutes.

cynwms

Forum Probie
Devoted85, thank you so much for the heads up on patho. Being part of the guinea pig group has been really interesting.

cynwms

Forum Probie
I'm in Alabama -- what state are you in? Looking around the group, can't tell if they're offering AEMT in all states yet or not.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I take it you took the NREMT advanced exam?

cynwms

Forum Probie
Nice to meet you! SUSCC is still ironing out some of the kinks in their program; think it'll be better next semester -- especially is they let Lyndal Curry have more say in the syllabus.

OP
OP
D

Devoted85

Forum Probie
Lyndal Curry is amazing. Hands down. We're the same way though. I think next semester will be much better for them. Just glad I got through it.