Active Duty Navy Military Police

MAandEMT

Forum Ride Along
I am leaving for Navy boot camp tomorrow, and to Navy Master at Arms A School after that. I am curious about police work, but my heart is with EMS. I obtained my NREMT in high school, and have worked for a rural fire department EMS since graduating. I learned that working as a military police officer, I will only work 5 out of 10 days, so I am hoping to work as an EMT in a couple of those days. Since I do not kno where i will be stationed, it is hard to say which state I will be in. I have seen that there are several states that do not offer reciprocity for my National Registry, any tips for finding an EMS service? I could be paid or unpaid, volunteer or otherwise, Thank You.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Thank you for your service.

Enjoy indock.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ummm, the first thing I would say is to focus on your in-processing, get your new career and learn the new career. Once you are moved somewhere, settled and know your actual job inside and out and then determine that no other hobbies or a significant other will fill your free time, then reach back to us or explore wherever you are to find what you seek. As of right now, your plate is so full and you do not even realize it....EMS will always be here, there, everywhere....do your other stuff first, breathe a little, live life a little...then come back.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
You are liable to find your fanny on an aircraft carrier deployed to the Western Pacific after "A" school. Master-at-arms go to sea on any number of ships, and some of those ships go on extended employments. Listen to what akflightmedic says, get yourself together in your rating first. The bright side might be that even if you are on a WestPac cruise, you could hang out in sickbay with the corpsmen and help out and maybe learn more.

Good luck, glad we still have young guys willing to go in harm's way for the rest of us who are deemed too old to do it anymore. Former ET-1(SS) here.