accredited online A&P course?

newmedic33

Forum Probie
anyone know of an accredited online Anatomy and Physiology courses for relatively cheap? Decided to go the traditional route for medic school and need A&P for a prereq before june, had a buddy who is going through the medic program at UCLA and they accepted the Corexcel course for a prereq just not sure if that's my only option. I know its not that great to take an online course because theres no lab and stuff but I don't have a full semester and already missed the registration course at the local community college plus Im a full time firefighter/emt and wouldn't be able to attend class some days, and on top of that the cost for the 4 credit hours for class was about $800.

anybody have experience with corexcel? or other online A&P that worked for prereqs for your medic program?

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Lenoir Community College has an online A+P for EMS providers that satisfied the requirements for my medic program.

I would highly recommend a full year (8 hours) of A+P for the sake of actually learning and retaining the knowledge.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Check with the medic program you want to go to on what they will accept. My medic school requires an A&P class with lecture and lab.

OP
OP
N

newmedic33

Forum Probie
ya I called and he said as long as its accredited it would work. Problem is I absolutely can't afford to attend traditional college with a lab and stuff, that's a whole semester or 5 months. I can have up to 1 year of leave at my work to attend higher education, medic schools gonna take around 9 months, so I'd be without a job after plus have to support myself for that whole time without a job.

just need something for pre reqs thanks

sires6

Forum Ride Along
Straighterline has an A + P with lab online that is 8 credits and accepted by most colleges.

AdaD

Forum Ride Along
If you're just trying to pass the course to for fill a requirement then Corexcel is for you. It fairly simple. Fast. and can be completed in due time. 19 Chapters, a Midterm and Final and then a overall Final. If you TRULY want to learn the material I'm sure there are other options elsewhere.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Check your community colleges as some have mini-mesters in spring and summer.

I did my A&P in a 6 week mini-mester. Class everyday, intense, but it worked.