Accelerated Paramedic Courses (Online/Hybrid)

DJG07

Forum Ride Along
What’s going on everyone, I’m truly looking for some help to find a paramedic course that is online/hybrid in the MA area. Or even in the Country, what’s some of the fastest courses around? I have read previous responses to this question, and want to say the only reason I ask for the fastest course is cause I have already completed a Full Didactic, Ride Time, and Clinical Time from a previous course. I didn’t complete this course due to failing one test, I was released from the program with a 90% average and now looking for a chance to get it fast. It’s my last attempt before giving up on EMS due to family issues

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't have an answer for you, but just want to wish you good luck!

chbochur

Forum Probie
What’s going on everyone, I’m truly looking for some help to find a paramedic course that is online/hybrid in the MA area. Or even in the Country, what’s some of the fastest courses around? I have read previous responses to this question, and want to say the only reason I ask for the fastest course is cause I have already completed a Full Didactic, Ride Time, and Clinical Time from a previous course. I didn’t complete this course due to failing one test, I was released from the program with a 90% average and now looking for a chance to get it fast. It’s my last attempt before giving up on EMS due to family issues
Percom in Texas might be a good option.

CerealKing

Forum Ride Along
Percom in Texas might be a good option.
I would agree with Percom. Believe that they had some clinical sites in the North East/MA area, at least when I was there. You can definitely bust through the didactic portion, it is all self paced.

They also have an advanced placement program that may also cut your time down. I also heard they may give credit for prior clinical experiences, but personally didn't look into either of those, so you may want to reach out to them and see what they can do for you.

Good Luck!

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
NMETC is in west bridgewater, MA. Offer in person and hybrid courses. I attended in 2018 and highly recommend. Currently been working for past three years as a medic. Definitely felt prepared for National and skills testing

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm with MMiz and Jn, recommending NMETC, especially if you're in MA. The didactic can be entirely online, and you travel to W. Bridgewater for skills. They have hospital and EMS agreements across MA (Berkshires to North Shore to South Shore), and it's an excellent program. It's not easy, but you'll graduate a good paramedic.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Are NMETC classes synchronous or asynchronous?

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Are NMETC classes synchronous or asynchronous?
I still get confused on these terms school wise haha but my didactic lectures were live twice a week but if you missed one you had up to 5 days to watch it. You can rewatch lectures as much as you liked.
Didactic ended up being about 10 months if I remember correctly.

Then two weeks of daily skills and testing for acls/pals/PHTLS and all that which is in person at the campus.

I attended program from California. Ended up doing clinicals by me in LA and internship in New Bedford, MA but they had plenty of spots to choose from and had no issue when it came to getting a new location

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I still get confused on these terms school wise haha but my didactic lectures were live twice a week but if you missed one you had up to 5 days to watch it. You can rewatch lectures as much as you liked.
Didactic ended up being about 10 months if I remember correctly.

Then two weeks of daily skills and testing for acls/pals/PHTLS and all that which is in person at the campus.

I attended program from California. Ended up doing clinicals by me in LA and internship in New Bedford, MA but they had plenty of spots to choose from and had no issue when it came to getting a new location
Oh, that's great to know! Thanks!

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Percom and Texas EMS are both good programs based in Texas; know people who have graduated from both.
You have to be great at studying on your own or forming study groups online

ARM20

Forum Ride Along
I'm in a somewhat similar situation, but I paused my class at about the half-way point and I'm continuing it now. If things didn't end on bad terms with your previous school, would they allow you to start off at either the half-way point or maybe closer to where you left off so that you can keep all your work? Perhaps it's wishful thinking but I would atleast attempt going that route if you haven't already to avoid starting/paying for a new course.