Acadian Ambulance Service

Chuckles

Forum Crew Member
I was wondering if anyone here works for this company or has applied.

I was wanting to know if they still do a Physical Agility Test for their hiring process. I know at one time they did because I chickened out.

Any info would be helpful. Thank you

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We had a guy from Acadian (recruiting) posting here a little while back. Maybe he'll see this and be able to chime in

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
I am not employed with acadian however, they run EMS for my fire dept. I also have many friends that work there. I believe they still do a physical agility, it is very simple, but they do have one.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I think the guy is TJ and made a recruitment post in that section of the forums, try giving him a pm

rjw225

Forum Probie
I'm finishing up EMT Academy with Acadian's program and it's my understanding that there's a lift test, but I haven't heard anything about an agility test.

feldy

Forum Captain
I am looking into acadian also...if you PM me i can give you one of the recruiting contacts that TJ gave me and he may be able to tell you more or connect you with the recruiter for your area.

Emt05

Forum Ride Along
I would like to know about the lift test also. I got a call from acadian and have schedualed a interveiw in May. The lady I spoke with was telling me that I can get the interview and lift test done in one day.

OP
OP
C

Chuckles

Forum Crew Member
Ok so I am going down to Louisiana May 3 for my drug test, lift test, and interview. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
C

Chuckles

Forum Crew Member
Ok so I am going down to Louisiana May 3 for my drug test, lift test, and interview. Any suggestions?

feldy

Forum Captain
Dont do any illegal drugs, work out and practice lifting techniques used in ems...dead lift...squats but dont strain or over work as to injure yourself before the test. Sometimes they have you practice loading and unloading the cot (I have heard of this but not experienced it but...they may only give you a few tries so keep that in mind) As for interview...search for interviewing tips...are are a lot on here that you should find useful. Dress appropriatly but if you are doing the life test, maybe bring a change of clothes unless you are comfortable lifting in a tie and jacket....Also let me know how it goes because I am looking into applying to Acadian at the end of the summer once i get my reciprocity paperwork confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
Lift test: The backboard is hinged in the air on one side (to simulate your partner). The other end is on the floor. Pick up the backboard (which will have weights on it) from ground level and place it on a box that will be like 4 ft tall. Its so easy a cavman could do it. Seriously it is very simple.

mct601

RN/NRP
AAA Ambulance of MS supposedly has a lift test where you must do like 200+ pounds 6 times. Thats all I know. Don't fret though, I know alot of people that really don't look like they could be EMTs. Your legs are pretty strong no matter how weak you are, just use proper form on the lifts and it won't be too hard. And good luck, I have been trying to get on with Acadian in the Northshore area for 2+months now, but they are not interested in part time EMTs.

8jimi8

CFRN

proper body mechanics is the best way to lift without straining or dropping the training dummy (or patient!)