abandonment or not

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Abandonment does not take place until patient contact is established. If you never make contact, you can never abandon.

Look at busy systems. It's not uncommon for a truck to be re-directed from a low priority call to a high priority call. Just because someone calls first doesn't mean they get priority.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Abandonment does not take place until patient contact is established. If you never make contact, you can never abandon.

Look at busy systems. It's not uncommon for a truck to be re-directed from a low priority call to a high priority call. Just because someone calls first doesn't mean they get priority.

What he said.

So this is a random thought but an MCI occurs when an agency's resources are overwhelmed. In an MCI care can be transferred to a lower level provider.

This was two separate incidents so it doesn't really apply, just some food for thought.

DonnyD

Forum Ride Along
Using an apostrophe in this case isn't necessarily wrong, although it's less common these days. Many style guides say to drop the apostrophe (EMTs), but not all.

But what really bugs me is the apostrophe s being carried over to plurals.
"Some of my student's had trouble with the grammar test." Yes, I've seen it.

Joe

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I think the OP's drift was that service promised to a district was disrupted (denied?) by the captain's call. I think that is maybe more a breach of confidence or contract than abandonment per se.
Like the thinning of rural definitive care,