7 day challenge

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I still cant do 1 - I do 10 lady pushups with my trainer twice a week and I refuse to give up until I can do 10 -

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
sign me up too. It'll be interesting to see how many I can do again :unsure:

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
I could sure use doing this again! I'm in ;)

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I hit 79 this weekend when I was shooting for 100. I'd say another week, maybe two and I should be in the triple digits. What next are we all shooting for 100 pullups? That one might take a while.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
I hit 79 this weekend when I was shooting for 100. I'd say another week, maybe two and I should be in the triple digits. What next are we all shooting for 100 pullups? That one might take a while.

:rolleyes:

Lets not get carried away now!

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
is anyone else sore doing their exercises on the second morning? Guess the first morning was more taxing than I thought

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
is anyone else sore doing their exercises on the second morning? Guess the first morning was more taxing than I thought

That's normal anytime you start a new workout program. Just make sure you keep loose and do these exercises through a full range of motion to help stretch while exercising. You should be able to tell the difference in soreness from lactic acid buildup and pain from flat out overdoing it. If it's the first one keep trucking through and it will get better within a day or two. If it's the second take a few days off as you've already strained muscles if you continue on you will just make it worse.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
You should be able to tell the difference in soreness from lactic acid buildup and pain from flat out overdoing it.

Very true

If you want it to go away work the muscle that hurts and it'll go away.

I'm on day 2

Just did 10 push up's on day one so today I did 15. Forgot how much I hate push ups.

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Stretttttcccchhh

Soreness is totally normal with a new routine. That said, remember to really stretch before doing ANYTHING physical to prevent injury and to help decrease soreness. I was told this by a physical therapist while getting PT after shoulder surgery.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'll give it a shot.

Reminds me of a routine I heard about once that billed itself as the Candian RAF (Air Force) Fitness Program.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Now where is it!!!

* has anyone seen the crash cart?? :p Airwaygoddess faints.....;)

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder

79 in one set? If so that is freakin' awesome! My first set averages 40-55 depending on how well I slept the night before. 100 is the minimum total number I do for each exercise before moving on to different exercises (shoulder press, bench press etc.)

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
79 in one set? If so that is freakin' awesome! My first set averages 40-55 depending on how well I slept the night before. 100 is the minimum total number I do for each exercise before moving on to different exercises (shoulder press, bench press etc.)

I thought that 100 pushup program that was posted looked like fun so I've been giving it a go. The last week or two don't seem to push you enough to get all the way to 100 so you might have to ad-lib there to get it done but outside of that it works pretty well.

SpudCrushr

Forum Crew Member
Thanks! I also do 100 sit-ups w/o a break, but I'm not sure what those other exercises are... *googles them*

How many push-ups could you do when you first started?

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Thanks! I also do 100 sit-ups w/o a break, but I'm not sure what those other exercises are... *googles them*

How many push-ups could you do when you first started?

Twenty when I first started. I don't do sit-ups. I do crunches, leg lifts etc. Sit-ups are rough on my lower back...... I get rug burn from them. :)

Now, at the gym......... when I do my pull-ups, I keep my knees bent and in front of me. I get a pretty good ab burn form that too. Now....... I don't walk around with a six pack....... I like food too much. Instead, I use my exercising as a way to reduce stress and to look and feel better :)

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I got 1 1/2 in today... before you make fun of my weak upper body strength, I couldn't do even one last week. I am not giving up until I can do the 10 - then I will keep working at it.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I got 1 1/2 in today... before you make fun of my weak upper body strength, I couldn't do even one last week. I am not giving up until I can do the 10 - then I will keep working at it.

There is nothing to make fun of. I think it is great! You already have a head start on the New Year!!