7 day challenge

Aileana

Forum Lieutenant
Sounds like a good plan. Did something similar to pass my fitness test last semester, where every half hour while studying, I would get up and do 20 situps, 20 pushups, then get back to work. At first, I was having 1-2 word dyspnea and overall out of shape, but it got easier within weeks.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Just to let you guys know that I am still working on this. I can now do 2 "man" pushups and 16 "lady" pushups. Before you pooh pooh this, 2 months ago when this thread started, I could not do 1 "man" pushup. I just want to let you know that I am not giving up until I can do the 10...... (kinda gives you a clue as to why I have the avatar I have huh? ) :p

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Just to let you guys know that I am still working on this. I can now do 2 "man" pushups and 16 "lady" pushups. Before you pooh pooh this, 2 months ago when this thread started, I could not do 1 "man" pushup. I just want to let you know that I am not giving up until I can do the 10...... (kinda gives you a clue as to why I have the avatar I have huh? ) :p

In my opinion it doesn't matter how many you do right now. The important thing is you have a goal and will not give up until you reach it. Keep working those numbers will seem small before you know it,

medic417

The Truth Provider

If someone as old as you can do it I just might have to give it a try.:p

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
We used to do this in my work section when we had quarterly PT tests...we would do 30 pushups, 30 situps, and do pullups to failure each hour. It took maybe 5 minutes to do the routine, as it got really easy to do the pushups and situps - after a few weeks, we moved it up to more pushups/situps, or made them harder (decline pushups, bicycles, etc.). Think of it like this...after an 8 hour day, you're doing well over 300 pushups/situps!! I got to the point when I would do over 1000 of each a day. Find new ways to challenge yourself once you get comfy doing many reps.