12 Lead EKG interpretations: let's do it!!!

reaper

Working Bum
I will call the funeral home for him! :)

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
This one might be to easy ill heres soomething for a time filler till i find a HARD one 57yr old male sudden onset CP and dyspnea no Hx no old ECG

InferiorposteriorMI.jpg

It's not often I agree with the computer interpretation!

OP
OP
Dutch-EMT

Dutch-EMT

BScN
regular rhytm about 66bpm.
P: The 10sec print shows different shapes of P. So i guess on atrial rhytm.
P-Q: normal
QRS <120msec (looking at I, V4, V5).
Axis: normal axis (I positive and aVF positive).
Hypertrophy: P in V1 looks like left atrial hypertrophy (second wave looks bigger). No ventricular hypertrophy.
Infarct:
II, III, aVF shows ST-elevation. A pathologic Q in III.
Also V6 shows an elevation.
ST depressed in I, aVL, V1, V2 and V3.

Conclusion: Inferior MI.
(Inferior MI comes with elevations in II,III,avF and reciproke depressions in I, aVL, V1-V4.)

Medic50321

Forum Ride Along
Oh yeah, too easy.......

Diagnostic for MI, with st elevations in II, III, AvF, with recipical (sp?) changes.

also seeing ST Depressions in V1-V3, and then ST Elevations in V4-V6, I wanna claim Extensive wall MI, but also the possibility of a Right Sided MI?

OP
OP
Dutch-EMT

Dutch-EMT

BScN
A new one.

A 62yr old male.
ECG made before visit at cardiologist.
No chestpain or other problems at moment of making this ECG

ECG14a.jpg
ECG14b.jpg

TomB

Forum Captain
Bifascicular block (RBBB/LPFB-) with borderline 1AVB and left atrial enlargement. Appropriate T-wave discordance. Unusual downward convexity (scooping) of the ST-segment in leads II and aVF and slight ST-elevation in lead aVR. Since the patient has no complaints, this is probably an "old" ECG abnormality.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dutch-EMT

Dutch-EMT

BScN
Bifascicular block (RBBB/LPFB-) with borderline 1AVB and left atrial enlargement. Appropriate T-wave discordance. Unusual downward convexity (scooping) of the ST-segment in leads II and aVF and slight ST-elevation in lead aVR. Since the patient has no complaints, this is probably an "old" ECG abnormality.

Sinusrhtymm 85bpm, right axis deviation. QRS in III 160msec.
RBBB with an LPFB. Depolirazation isn't normal, so the same could happen to the repolarization. The negative T's can't say much on this ECG. Maybe a heartecho can tell something more... Only this ECG isn't good enough to tell something about a small infarct.

Anyone a new ECG?

clibb

Forum Captain
Depressed T wave. PAC. This person is on a pacemaker, correct? You could argue present MI with the ST segment.
Bradycardia. After QRS 6 am I seeing Winkie Bach?

My EKG is so rusty now. I really need to refresh myself with the books. Thanks for posting.

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
WAP, LAFB and poor R wave progression perhaps associated w/past anterior wall infarct.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dutch-EMT

Dutch-EMT

BScN
1 Heartrate:about 50 bpm with PAC's
2 Rythm: sinusrhytm with PAC!
3 P top: P top shapes are the same (except the PAC's)
4 PQ/QRS: PQ time (looking at the 10 second print) is <0,2 sec. QRS widened (looking in V2 and V3 I see a small r1). QRS is 120msec so far i can see, so when i look at the deep S in II and III, i'll make it LAFB.
5 Axis: I: mainly positive aVF: negative, left axis deviation
6 Hypertrophy: P in V1: second wave is bigger (got only one normal sinus-QRS to tell that...), left atrial hypertrophy. No left ventricular hypertrophy.
7 MI: No pathological Q's. ST: I don't see something.
T: negative in III and V1, Very low in II and V2. Flat in aVF.

Based on this ECG i think the dizzy feeling can be caused by the bradycardia.
The low and negative T pointing at kind of ischemia i think. That explains the chestpain. I don't think it's AMI.
Left axis deviation, deep S in II and III and complexes <120msec makes me guess there is a Left Anterior Fascikel Block.

My conclusion: Sinusbradycardia with PAC, right ventricular ischemia and LAFB suspicion.