You might have seen a housefly, or superfly, but I bet you haven't seen a donkey fly.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
While volunteering for a local ambulance squad, we had a call today... MVA
Car VS Donkey. The driver of the car made more of an :censored: out of himself than the JA. But that is beside the point.

I've been on a horse vs car and a few animal rescues.

Have you been to any calls where animals were involved?

FireResuce48

Forum Crew Member
There was a call a few months ago that involved a llama and a pig attacking a man. The pig was following the llama around.

Crew never found an injured man though. They said it was a call they would never forget.
It's not something you will see every day in pg county md.

tom

Forum Crew Member
i got a call from RSPCA a while ago about a caller who said thier horse had stopped breathing and they were to busy, so we responded and we put the horse on the Monitor and started CPR (did not do mouth to mouth, we used the bag) and we took the horse to the nearest hospital and the horse unfortunatley coded, was bit of a wierd one but there is usually a first to everything :p

also that was not my wierdest call

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
i got a call from RSPCA a while ago about a caller who said thier horse had stopped breathing and they were to busy, so we responded and we put the horse on the Monitor and started CPR (did not do mouth to mouth, we used the bag) and we took the horse to the nearest hospital and the horse unfortunatley coded, was bit of a wierd one but there is usually a first to everything :p

Then what was your weirdest call?

tom

Forum Crew Member
My wierdest call....

a woman had won the lottery and had a heart attack, fell of a balcony into a river, went down stream, was ramed by a motor boat and found 2 miles downstream. i think the coroners should have been called not us, but then again its protocoll, medics have to pronounce them dead at scene.

if your wondering how i know she fell of a balcony we was given access to the CCTV during an police investigation.

For legal reasons i cant show you the CCTV footage

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Got a call for "Baby in distress!", just a few seconds away, a woman on a street corner clutching a bundle to her breasts screaming, "My Baby, My Baby!" I reach out to take it, she won't let go! We struggle and of course, when she finally let loose enough for me to see, there was Baby, a dead Chihuahua!

We chose to not take heroic measures.

tom

Forum Crew Member
what did you do with the dead Chihuahua?

and

what did you do with the crazy woman? take her to hospital for a MRI :p?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
we took the horse to the nearest hospital and the horse unfortunatley coded, was bit of a wierd one but there is usually a first to everything :p

I hate having to transport horses, we have a lot of trouble getting them onto our stretchers and into our ambulance.

I also hate when I am doing CPR on a horse, and the horse codes upon arrival at the hospital.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
To answer the OP:

Had an MVA once, vehicle vs cows. Yes cows. Not cow. Guy managed to hit three cows. The only three on the road. Killed one, one ran off, the Border Patrol had to shoot one. The driver was not injured.

The horse CPR reminds me of a story my boss told me once. The vets office called him up one day saying they had a dog they thought had suffered SCA and the owner wanted an EKG to "make sure." So the boss took a monitor over there and hooked it up. Long story short, the dog was in v-fib, so he got the paddles out, shocked it, and brought it back. The dog was fine from then on out and lived a normal dog life afterwards. :)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Almost reminds me of that bit off Greys when Izzy operates on the that deer in the parking lot

Epi-do

I see dead people
I've taken care of a few different pets at house fires. I have also transported a dog to the vet in my ambulance once. One of our divers pulled it out of a retention pond after it fell through the ice.

tom

Forum Crew Member
usually if we have horses and they have a chance we just call in a HART vehicle, but somtimes they arent available

HART Transport Vehicle

4131574446_5eb2fac312.jpg

medic417

The Truth Provider
Motorcycle vs javelina. Guess the motorcyclist won since they lived after numerous surgeries.

Car vs multiple deer, many times. Deer lost no injuries to people in most cases. Occasional tie.

Car vs buffalo. Tie both dead.

Car vs elk. Elk lost though came close to a tie.

Pick up vs feral hog. See car vs elk.

Car vs horse, multiple times. Some ended up in a tie.

Car vs cow, multiple times. Some ended up in a tie.

Car vs camel. Camel won because people swerved and rolled.

Car vs buzzard. Buzzard lost even though the people smelled like death from the buzzard coming through the windshield.

Car vs dog. Most times dog lost but have seen a couple of ties where people panicked and rolled and died.

Car vs cat. See Car vs dog.

tom

Forum Crew Member
lol

once i had a helicopter vs a cow, both died

the cow got caught in the tail rotor and bits of cow went flying everywhere and a bit went in the fuelsalege by the rotor, and heli blew up before crew could get out.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
once i had a helicopter vs a cow, both died

the cow got caught in the tail rotor and bits of cow went flying everywhere and a bit went in the fuelsalege by the rotor, and heli blew up before crew could get out.

Umm, pics or it didn't happen...