You might have seen a housefly, or superfly, but I bet you haven't seen a donkey fly.

tom

Forum Crew Member
if i had a camera that worked i would have taken pics

emt_irl

Forum Captain
i got a call from RSPCA a while ago about a caller who said thier horse had stopped breathing and they were to busy, so we responded and we put the horse on the Monitor and started CPR (did not do mouth to mouth, we used the bag) and we took the horse to the nearest hospital and the horse unfortunatley coded, was bit of a wierd one but there is usually a first to everything :p

also that was not my wierdest call

not a hope in hell........... no way seriouisly im calling this one

emt_irl

Forum Captain
the uk and irish ambulances are even smaller then yours in america so not a chance. neither would control let that happen.

medic417

The Truth Provider
the uk and irish ambulances are even smaller then yours in america so not a chance. neither would control let that happen.

Maybe it was a miniature horse.:wacko:

Veneficus

Forum Chief

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
My wierdest call....

a woman had won the lottery and had a heart attack, fell of a balcony into a river, went down stream, was ramed by a motor boat and found 2 miles downstream. i think the coroners should have been called not us, but then again its protocoll, medics have to pronounce them dead at scene.

if your wondering how i know she fell of a balcony we was given access to the CCTV during an police investigation.

For legal reasons i cant show you the CCTV footage

Where to start...

First off, a google search using several key words from your post turned up no such incident. Matter of fact, the only result that contained every one of the 10 search words I used was your post on this forum.

Secondly, you stated you were given access to the CCTV footage but can't share it. But why were you given access in the first place, much less enough access to make a copy of evidence in a police investigation?

I find it beyond believable that such an outrageous news story would not be found somewhere on the internet, not even taking into consideration that EMS personnel would be allowed to copy police evidence. So unless you can post a link (no need for the video) to an article describing the incident, I'm going to call
bs2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I also find it interesting this bloke has a poor grasp of basic anatomical terms and medical concepts yet claims to be a Paramedic on an FRU.

Hmm, I wonder if tommorow he will be a BASICS Doctor.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
ok I think we all know Tom is a complete hoax by now, or at least I hope everyone does. Especially if anyone caught that other thread with the frank PVC EMT-B's where calling from a mile away that Tom had no idea about. I do not have any hard feelings about the guy but I love a good mystery. Is he a driver(if such a position exists in the UK) or simply a younger kid interested in EMS, or something else?

clibb

Forum Captain
ok I think we all know Tom is a complete hoax by now, or at least I hope everyone does. Especially if anyone caught that other thread with the frank PVC EMT-B's where calling from a mile away that Tom had no idea about. I do not have any hard feelings about the guy but I love a good mystery. Is he a driver(if such a position exists in the UK) or simply a younger kid interested in EMS, or something else?

He drives a Volvo, of course he's a hoax :D

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
ok I think we all know Tom is a complete hoax by now

And yet, nobody seems to have noticed the same about Brown?! :D

Is he a driver(if such a position exists in the UK) or simply a younger kid interested in EMS, or something else?

Unfortunately the NHS in its infinate wisdom created a postion to replace the Ambulance Technician which has previously had much success in the UK with a new grade of crewmember called an "Emergency Care Assistant" or "Emergency Care Support Worker". This person amounts to an overly glorified driver who has no real clinical role beyond simply "assisting" the State Registered Paramedic in thier almost total responsibility for patient care.

Anecdote seems to be that all Technicians will be required to go up to Paramedic or down to ECA/ECSW and that the goal is to have a Paramedic on every ambulance in the UK.

It seems that like the US, there is a growth in the UK of barely qualified "support" roles in the healthcare system to enable the Practitioner (in this case the Paramedic) to practice and the menial tasks like equipment fetching, driving and others to be carried out by somebody else.

Hmm, now that I think of it .... if some other poor mug can drive for Brown I can go out on the big yellow vehicle and run around going NEE NAW NEE NAW without needing C1/D1.

And to think I was going to spend the next five years becoming a HEMS Reg! :D

Seriously, poor form NHS.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Where to start...

First off, a google search using several key words from your post turned up no such incident. Matter of fact, the only result that contained every one of the 10 search words I used was your post on this forum.

Secondly, you stated you were given access to the CCTV footage but can't share it. But why were you given access in the first place, much less enough access to make a copy of evidence in a police investigation?

I find it beyond believable that such an outrageous news story would not be found somewhere on the internet, not even taking into consideration that EMS personnel would be allowed to copy police evidence. So unless you can post a link (no need for the video) to an article describing the incident, I'm going to call
bs2.gif

Busted by the big guy. Ouch. When the mods call BS on a post BS it must be.
Question I have is why did they need Closed Caption TeleVision (CCTV) on this call. Even if deaf should they not have been able to see what they needed to see?

emt_irl

Forum Captain
it must fit on the roof then id iamgine! the poor horse.

Also as far as im aware you need a decent standard of education to be an Emergency Care Assistant, so im going to rule that qualification out also.

Frenchie

Forum Ride Along
Deer stew with no buck shots...but maybe bits of Buck

I have responded to many, however two stand out in my mind. The first one was the luckiest guy in the world - he hit a large deer traveling upwards of 100 km/hr (62 mi) head on! the deer traveled face first through the windshield! Now the deer must have been shocked as hell cause his mouth was wide open and he caught the steering wheel! There he is a foot and a half away from the driver with his jaw wrapped around the steering wheel!!!:eek:

The other didn't have such a happy ending for the driver, however was similar in nature. The man was driving a two passenger cab pick-up truck (one of those small ones). The man was traveling down a country road when he hit, I suspect, a large deer. The Deer traveled "superman" style through the windshield, through the driver, out the rear cab window and into the box! Upon our arrival I could not easily distinguish between the human pieces(except the stump of course) and the deer bits.

I am the darkest dark cloud you've ever seen!