"you actually wrote that in a Run Report"...

mp5dude

Forum Probie
oh they are, but our reports are upload to a cad system that EMS PD and Fire share. We did it because we knew FD would see it when they did their report and thusly tick them off. the POs and the PD dispathers thought it was hilarious, mostly because we share a gruding dislike of the hosemonkeys

On an unrelated note - in regards to this post - LOL. I agree fully.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Yesterday I wrote the patient was very grumpy because I couldn't remember how to spell agitated.

mkthefiregirl

Forum Ride Along
One of my first run reports I ever wrote years ago as a newbie was for a dialysis transfer, pt had prior CABG. I wrote in my report pt had CABG x 3 enroute. Apparently, I may have been a newbie but I was already a cardio-thoracic surgeon. No big deal. Haha

WAmedic

Forum Ride Along
One of the emt's that no longer works for us wrote "drunker than Cooter Brown's dog" for his impression of the patient.

Sasha

Forum Chief
One of my first run reports I ever wrote years ago as a newbie was for a dialysis transfer, pt had prior CABG. I wrote in my report pt had CABG x 3 enroute. Apparently, I may have been a newbie but I was already a cardio-thoracic surgeon. No big deal. Haha

Didn't you know you could get that cert with just a week long class? Although I hear rumors of accelerated schools that take only 3 days.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
One of the first calls I ever went on was an accidental overdose. We showed up on scene to find the guy leaning over his porch railing shoving a toothbrush down his throat. When asked what he was doing, he replied that he was trying to make himself puke up the pills.

So I wrote this in my report; Arrived on scene to find a 50 y/o M Pt attempting to gag himself with a toothbrush. Pt stated that he was "trying to puke up those extra pills, but it isn't working."

Hey, that is what I saw! :p

TXMEDIC5317

Forum Crew Member
Didn't really write this but did joke about it with a few guys.
Abbrevation for nursing home: GSF- Geriatric storage facility.

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
One pt did not like my clip board and the following ensued:

Pt: I do not like your book
Me: Excuse me?
Pt: I do NOT like your BOOK!
Me: I'm sorry to hear that.
Pt: I don't
Me: Well sir, what do you want me to do about it?
Pt: You can shove it up your ***.
(Pt is a ~85 y/o man, very pleasant over than his hatred for my clipboard.)
Me: What's that?
Pt: You Fuc#ing heard me
Me: Sir that was not very nice
at this point he attempted to hit my leg and i dodged him
Me: Sir, do not hit me. You will not like the consequences.
Pt: I'm sorry
and he sat with his hands in his lap for the remainder of the ride.
I wrote it in my narrative just to see how finely they pick through our reports for our QA/QI. I was conversed with during my next shift about said narrative. I forgot to put quotes on one set of the dialogue and they wanted me to add them. I almost died laughing.

Kamischke

Forum Probie
I was writing my narrative on our way back from a call while talking with my partner and listening to music.

I unknowingly wrote "Arrived on scenery to all the ladies-" and then, thank god, i caught myself...

apparently when i'm distracted, i cant spell scene and when i hear "to all the ladies in the house" on the radio, my hand unconsciously writes it down instead of "a 54 y/o female pt"

:wacko:

DillR

Forum Crew Member
I was writing my narrative on our way back from a call while talking with my partner and listening to music.

I unknowingly wrote "Arrived on scenery to all the ladies-" and then, thank god, i caught myself...

apparently when i'm distracted, i cant spell scene and when i hear "to all the ladies in the house" on the radio, my hand unconsciously writes it down instead of "a 54 y/o female pt"

:wacko:

:lol: