WTC - the movie

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
So what do y'all think about the moving being relased on August 9th? I just saw previews for "World Trade Center" - I have read a little on it, it is supposed to be very well done.

Whose planning on seeing it right away?

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
EMTPrincess said:
So what do y'all think about the moving being relased on August 9th? I just saw previews for "World Trade Center" - I have read a little on it, it is supposed to be very well done.

I dunno. Nicholas Cage has always ruined every movie he's in. But I might give this one a shot. I'll be out of town camping on the release date anyway, so by the time I get back, the reviews will be in.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't ever plan on seeing it. Too difficult for me.

I was watching another movie when the trailer for United 93 came on and I ended up crying through all of the previews - and I didn't even look at the trailer for more than a couple of seconds.

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
EMTPrincess said:

I want to see it.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I want to, and plan to see it.

I read somewhere--can't remember where now, though--that Oliver Stone has made this more of true-fact story, rather than a conspiracy-theory story that some people were afraid he would do.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
TCERT1987 said:
Such a good point! It took them 60 or so years to make Pearl Harbor; 5 years is NOT enough time.

Dude. Look who was in Pearl Harbor, though. :|

At least they're not trying to make "9/11, the love story" out of it or anything. Gotta give 'em that.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
fm_emt said:
Dude. Look who was in Pearl Harbor, though. :|

At least they're not trying to make "9/11, the love story" out of it or anything. Gotta give 'em that.

Yet...give 'em time.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
fm_emt said:
I dunno. Nicholas Cage has always ruined every movie he's in. ...
I meant to say something about this last time I posted, but anyway... I like Nicholas Cage, I think he's alright. The only thing I ever thought he was really "wrong" for was Superman...back ten years or so ago, when the Superman movie that's just out now was originally being thought up, Cage was supposed to be in line to play Superman...but I just couldn't see him in that role. In fact, it seemed like one of the most bizarre casting choices of all time. On a side note, I recently saw the movie The Ant Bully in the theater, and Cage does one of the main voices, and along with every line he performed, I could see in my mind his facial expressions. I think Nicholas Cage is one of the few modern actors that has a particular combination of vocal and visual style; I mean, a way that he talks, and a way that he moves his body/arms/hands as he talks, and his facial expressions as he talks. Jeff Goldblum and Christopher Walken are two others I would include in this category. No doubt many would put William Shatner in this category, too. :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm not sure if I will see it right away, but I plan on seeing it in theatre.

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
SwissEMT said:
Bringing out the Dead <3

AMEN!!!!

I want to see WTC and Flight 93... sooner or later I'll get around to renting those movies!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Well the casting was not hard since Nicholas Cage is Oliver Stones' nephew in real life.

I believe Nicholas Cage must be as weird in real life as some of the characters he portrayed... he has developed into a better actor the past few years.. Matchstick Men, . Binging out dead was poorly screen written and portrayed a horrible image of EMS.

R/r 911