Wrote a new song, pretty excited about it.

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Well as I continue to enjoy my life post cancer I've been trucking away down here in Nashville. I've been working as a medic for a great county service, working 24 on and 48 off which gives me a ton of time for my music..

Just wrote a song the other day and went into the studio to record it on the cheap. We ended up with a pretty workable demo, let me know what ya'll think..

http://www.reverbnation.com/coryyoungmusic

The song is called "Haulin Hay" and it's a great song about the basics in life. Anyway if your inclined give it a listen and let me know what you think. I know I was proud to share my survivor song Times a Tickin with you, so heres another one B)

lex

Forum Crew Member
Instantly fell in love with "Times a Tickin" and frequently return to listen to it, and your other tracks as well. I can assure you I will be doing the same with "Haulin' Hay". Thank you for sharing your gift with the rest of us!

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
New here on the site. Just passed NREMT-B on December 14th. Hope to get to know everyone. Back to the topic-I enjoyed the songs! Keep it up! I like them.

OP
OP
H

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Thanks a ton for the compliments!

I'm hoping to write a song that has something to do with EMS but you'd be surprised how hard that is to do without writing something thats really cheesy.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I LOVE IT!!!!!! So, when you are finally discovered and become an "overnight sensation" can we all say, "I knew him when...."? LOL!

lex

Forum Crew Member
Can't wait to hear something EMS-y, but I can imagine how hard it is to write. Based on what you have shared so far I know that whatever you come up with will be brilliant!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I LOVE IT!!!!!! So, when you are finally discovered and become an "overnight sensation" can we all say, "I knew him when...."? LOL!

I know right? I'm sure going to. Great songs there Hoof.

And speaking of that, I found out the other day that I work with the wife of the guy who took what was then the number nine whitetail buck in the world back in 1992 or thereabouts. Shot it right on his own property and didn't find out it was that important for several years until he took the rack to a taxidermist to have a crack repaired. It is now the number 12, but sill, in the world! And his wife and I crew the same rig occasionally. (I guess that is my claim to fame.)

OP
OP
H

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Song has got me sitting at #162 on the Nashville country charts, right above Toby Keith, Clay Walker and Billy Currington.. I need to keep pushing this and next week I'll be making a pitch to some publishers in town.. Spread the word and help a broke medic out! lol

You can post a link on Facebook with http://www.reverbnation.com/coryyoungmusic and help spread the word if you like the song.. I'd appreciate it very much ^_^

Again, thanks for listening guys/gals

Cory

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
Posted to my facebook this morning! Great stuff, sir.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate to be the lone dissenter but I really did not enjoy the new one. The message is good, but the lyrics seemed overly simple and too "rhymey". Maybe that was your goal....if it was, you succeeded.

Overall the arrangement just did not flow for me and it was hard to get into.

Obviously this is just an opinion, you definitely have a lot of talent and a decent sound. I just like offering honest replies when people ask and sometimes it may offer insight or a different perspective that will allow you to improve and become the smashing sensation you deserve to be as long as you persist.

I look forward to hearing more in the future.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Very nice...I live in a small rural town in New Zealand and being summer here at the moment.
I hear the old tractors going down our road early in the morning, to start they're day's work in the paddocks (fields), making hay.
Only one difference here though, the farmers prefer a Massey Ferguson tractor, over a Ford.:)

Good luck with your music!

Cheers Enjoynz