fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Well he's got a little bit of.... nope.

Or maybe some.... nah...

There's definitely some.... no...

zmedic

Forum Captain
Why did you run a 12 lead anyway?

When you have 5 fire/medics on a truck you have to give them something to do. "You're starting the line, you're bagging, you're drawing up meds, you....uh...do a 12 lead I guess."

Maybe.

OP
OP
F

Fox800

Forum Captain
Oh yes. Pt. was awake and alert, complaining of weakness. Ice cold to the touch with recurrent syncopal episodes. This was not a cardiac arrest. 12 lead done to rule out STEMI. Pacing applied with the quickness, with good results.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Have you never been to a Bob Page lecture?

If they have a Pulse and a Problem, they get a 12-lead. Good thinking!

OP
OP
F

Fox800

Forum Captain

This post literally made my head hurt. OK, we've got an elderly pt. with recurrent syncope, a heart rate of 27, and cold skin.

Do.

A.

LEAD!

Have you studied inferior wall MI's?

It seems you have some things to learn before taking your NREMT-P.

8jimi8

CFRN
This post literally made my head hurt. OK, we've got an elderly pt. with recurrent syncope, a heart rate of 27, and cold skin.

Do.

A.

LEAD!

Have you studied inferior wall MI's?

It seems you have some things to learn before taking your NREMT-P.

Bro, in all fairness, you didn't post the presentation in the OP!

8jimi8

CFRN

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Ok true. But it's still wrong to jump to "why do I need to do a 12-lead?

Actually I'm not sure it was wrong, you didn't list the c/o and even my 1st thought was why in the world would you 12 lead that!!

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Bro, in all fairness, you didn't post the presentation in the OP!

does he need to? with a pulse that slow 12 lead should be the first thing done followed closely by pacing/atropine (if indicated). could you post the whole 12 lead BTW, did you ever find out what was causing the brady?

OP
OP
F

Fox800

Forum Captain
does he need to? with a pulse that slow 12 lead should be the first thing done followed closely by pacing/atropine (if indicated). could you post the whole 12 lead BTW, did you ever find out what was causing the brady?

Sorry, that's the only one I have. Cause of 3rd degree AVB: crappy, old heart. Pt. had a pacemaker implanted later that day.

8jimi8

CFRN

I was just trying to save Rhan a little face.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I can understand the "why would you do a twelve lead?" comments given that it looks like an arrest. I assumed it wasn't, given that you were actually doing a twelve lead, but I also assume that's where they're coming from.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Precisely meclin.

Fox: I was not calling out your treatment, I try my best to never critique another providers care, unless it's my partner and I see something wrong.

I saw it and my 1st thought was arrest so I was simply saying it wasn't far off base for someone to wonder, especially for someone that is not a medic.