Windsor EMS , TX

Medx504

Forum Probie
I am looking into Winsor EMS in TX for possible relocation due to my spouses career. If anybody would like to share any ideas or tips , it would be greatly appreciated , have a good day

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Recommend avoid. They look and are pretty shady. HR policies and operations practices best described as "not great"...pretty standard private transfer service.

What level are you?

OP
OP
Medx504

Medx504

Forum Probie
Evening Rocket, I am an nremt-b with experience in private transfer and 911.

Thank you for responding

RocketMedic

From what I hear, they do a lot of "chart correction" to guarantee payment, have a lot of unpaid administrative work expected of their staff, have considerable turnover issues and don't really have benefits like PTO. That is fairly recent information. They do 911 backup somewhere in the Houston area, I think near Friendswood or something. Almost all interfacility, dialysis and nursing home work.

RocketMedic

They take some interesting interfacility stuff, but it's rare.

OP
OP
Medx504

Medx504

Forum Probie
I am looking at options around Houston , who may do 911. Also willing to commute.

RocKetamine

Forum Crew Member
I am looking at options around Houston , who may do 911. Also willing to commute.

Never worked for any transfer services but the big ones are: AMR (Memorial Hermann contract), BayStar (Houston Methodist contract), and AMed.
Every time I drop a patient off at the ER there is usually always someone going out, so you'll stay busy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Bumping this back up. I heard they have new management recently and was approached by them for a PRN CC-Paramedic gig. Any new info?

I don't need FT or care about benefits, as I'm FT w/ CLEMC