Williamson County TX 2011 Edition Ambulances

WestTac1

Forum Probie
Williamson County, TX (my home county) has taken delivery of several new Ford F-450 Super Duty/Wheeled Coach ambulances, with more on the way. These are the first ambulances's to feature Wheeled Coach's "Cool Bar", which intergrates emergency lighting with the front mount A/C unit.

All the new ambulances are equipped with air-ride suspensions.

Williamson County, TX takes meticulous care of their ambulances. Crews take great pride in them. They are remounted onto a new chasis at around 60k miles. After another 50k, they are replaced and put into the spare pool for about 2 years or less. The oldest frontline ambulance is a 2008, I believe.

\

Attachments

• wilco20112.jpg
    wilco20112.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 645
Last edited by a moderator:

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Very nice, i have always been a fan of the F-Duty style fronts. They normally ride fairly well depending on what kinda roads you have....

OP
OP
WestTac1

WestTac1

Forum Probie
I like the newly redesigned Ford F-Super Duty front ends as well. Also, the cab is quite nice.

I also love the new "Cool Bar" feature.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Williamson County, TX takes meticulous care of their ambulances. Crews take great pride in them. They are remounted onto a new chasis at around 60k miles. After another 50k, they are replaced and put into the spare pool for about 2 years or less. The oldest frontline ambulance is a 2008, I believe.

\[/QUOTE]

Remount after 60k? Thats about what we put a year on our rigs. Seems like a big waste of money.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Remount after 60k? Thats about what we put a year on our rigs. Seems like a big waste of money.[/QUOTE said:
Are you IFT or 911? Unless you're a very high volume 911, or have ling transport times, 60k in a year seems a bit much...

Last edited by a moderator:

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Are you IFT or 911? Unless you're a very high volume 911, or have ling transport times, 60k in a year seems a bit much...

We do IFT and 911. Our transports for 911 can be up to 45 miles to the hospital. Our IFT can be up to 150 miles. I just checked the unit I am in today. It went into service 6/09. The milage today is 105,187 miles.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
We do IFT and 911. Our transports for 911 can be up to 45 miles to the hospital. Our IFT can be up to 150 miles. I just checked the unit I am in today. It went into service 6/09. The milage today is 105,187 miles.

So you're averaging a little more then 60k/yr (not going to bother doing the exact math). I would imagine a company that does 911 only with shorter transports puts on the mileage over a longer period of time.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
my last service that i worked at with a 5-10 minute eta put 60,000+ miles per year, we also put about 6000 hours on the hobbs meter. it is possible to need a new engine every other year. we had the crappy navistar 6.7L with the overheating issues and we would blow through engines every 40k...

volmedic85

Forum Ride Along
I've never driven a Type I before, but these rigs look pretty sweet. Type I are not common in Canada. Most Services here roll in either Demer's Type II and III's and Crestline Type III's. I've always been a Horton fan, but we can't import them into Canada. Wheeled Coach has a pretty nice line up.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I have been on the sprinters, E-350 Modules, internationals, and F-350s. Before I ever worked on a F-450, and these are by far the best, very smooth ride.

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Personal preference still is, and likely always will be, a Frazer Type I. Got to love the generator set with separate AC for the back of the truck, especially considering the "mild" weather we get here in Texas. :rofl:

AlphaButch

Forum Lieutenant
I want to see what change if any there was to the inside of the box with the AC moved. Got pics? or could you name the manufacturer/model of the new box?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Its a wheeld Coach Custom, Inside looks no different the plug AC and the Exterior AC vents are in the same place.