will snohomish search and rescue affliate WA NREMTS?

nova7502

Forum Ride Along
it seems like most private ambulance companys in WA will not hire EMT with state affiliation. Basically you need a job to get state affiliation/license; so I am looking for volunteer agencies who I can gain state affiliation through...will SAR, public health reserve corp or any other volunteer agency fulfill this requirement?

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
it seems like most private ambulance companys in WA will not hire EMT with state affiliation. Basically you need a job to get state affiliation/license; so I am looking for volunteer agencies who I can gain state affiliation through...will SAR, public health reserve corp or any other volunteer agency fulfill this requirement?

King County SAR isn't sponsoring any more EMTs, fwiw.

You need to be affiliated with a pre hospital care agency to get your state EMT card. Ambulance companies in the state know this, because it happens every time they hire somebody new to the field. It's no big deal. You get hired, fill out a form, they submit it to the state department of health, and eventually you get a piece of paper saying you're an EMT and then you can start actually working on a rig.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
Check with Evergreen Speedway EMS and Index Fire/SCFD #28. Both places have been known to sponsor new EMTs.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I looked at transferring with AMR out to Washington state, on a whim, and even they are not so helpful about jumping throught WA's stupid hoops.