Will anyone hire me at 19 years old?

Tk11

Forum Captain
I passed the nremt today and I guess it's almost time is to look for a job. I understand I have other stuff to do as far as getting my license, hope to start that process to tomorrow. But after I get everything done and get officially licensed, is there anywhere that'll hire a 19 year old? I'm also starting college again soon so I know that doesn't help. Thanks for any input.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
AMR hires at 18. Check with your local companies websites. If you can't find any info on there, go in person and ask.

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain
AMR hires at 18. Check with your local companies websites. If you can't find any info on there, go in person and ask.
Good to hear, thanks. I looked at some emt job ads and under "requirements" I seen some said "18+ years old" but didn't know if that was always true or they just throw that in there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Most smaller private companies can't hire under 21 people due to insurance issues with drivers. This will vary with where you live

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
The county I lived in at the time hired me at age 18 as an EMT for the EMS Division.

Deftones

Forum Probie
I got hired by a hospital and I'm only 18 and straight out of high school with my EMT. You should be fine.