Which Type Of Ambulance Do You Prefer To Work In?

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
nothing but HD type III's.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Just found out the other day that there is a new size ambulance out. It is called the additional duty rig,its alil bigger than the medium duty rig.
You have GOT to be freakin' kidding. I've seen shorter school busses.

Unless you are talking about Cambridge, Mass's "Rescue 1" - a custom-chassis rescue/ambulance.

And then there is always the Transport-Pumper.

Jon

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
My VAC uses medium duty ambulances and I love them. People make fun of us for their size and how many lights we use, but the one or two times I've been in smaller rigs, I've felt cramped. I guess I'm just spoiled ;)

zvi-emt

Forum Probie
III's vs. II's

I started my EMS career in type 2's and im never going back! The amount of room and space for storing equipment, turnout, etc. is very important to me, Also, if I was a patient I wouldn't want 2 cramped emt's hovering right on top of me in a van, Id much prefer to have some breathing room.

OP
OP
M

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Medtec Ambulance,which is a sister company to Pierce,designed it,other than that I dont know.

94accord

Forum Crew Member
cameras? what do you need cameras for? we all know that the faster you go, the thinner/shorter the rig is. just close your eyes and punch it.

for backing up.... but funny none-the-less.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Medtec Ambulance,which is a sister company to Pierce,designed it,other than that I dont know.
I'd be intresteed in a link or picture, to know what you are talking about.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I started my EMS career in type 2's and im never going back! The amount of room and space for storing equipment, turnout, etc. is very important to me, Also, if I was a patient I wouldn't want 2 cramped emt's hovering right on top of me in a van, Id much prefer to have some breathing room.
A Type II ambulance is a van-type ambulance :)

OP
OP
M

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
You have GOT to be freakin' kidding. I've seen shorter school busses.

Unless you are talking about Cambridge, Mass's "Rescue 1" - a custom-chassis rescue/ambulance.

And then there is always the Transport-Pumper.

Jon

The one I saw was in service for Seminole County Florida,and its a nice one too.

OP
OP
M

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
I'd be intresteed in a link or picture, to know what you are talking about.

I will try to get you the website next chance I get.