Where do you keep your stethoscope?

n00bmedic

Forum Probie
I don't use a personal stethoscope anymore. I was on my second one, which got stolen. From now on, I'll use the garbage ones on the truck. Said garbage scope resides in the bag, or, if I've used it and might need it again, hanging on the O2 bottle on the stretcher.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I had a personal stethoscope that I liked having on the gurney. It was always there if I decided to auscultate breath sounds in the home versus in the ambulance. I really liked it on the gurney when nobody was on the gurney so I could easily see it. Ironically, I kept losing it in mysterious ways. The last time I had a stethoscope, my partner put it on the back of it when the patient sat on the gurney. Pulling the patient out of the ambulance, I felt drag like something was stuck, but we didn't see anything, and pulled hard. The stethoscope had caught onto the rail in the back and the tubing ripped. I've been using the rig/bag stethoscope ever since. We have on stethoscope in our med bag that we carry on scene (we only carry our stuff on scene if fire isn't first, I like to have it if we are going to walk far eg going through the airport) and then there is one hanging on the catch net the ambulance. It's okay to lose those ones... They are very cheap, but I feel like I hear the same with it compared to my Littman. I used to try to do heart tones, but I have gotten lazy.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
I keep mine on the "uh-oh" net until I get on scene. Then I wear it. Once back in the truck it goes back on the "uh-oh" net.

reaper

Working Bum
I mainly use the truck scope. I can hear fine with it. Once in a while I will carry my personal scope. It always hangs around my neck, when carrying it. Funny, in 28 years I have never had a pt grab my scope when around my neck.

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
I use my own and usually keep in my back pocket walking around. Just don't wear it around your neck. I think it looks kind of douchy and make an excellent objet for that psych patient to get a hold of.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I use my own and usually keep in my back pocket walking around. Just don't wear it around your neck. I think it looks kind of douchy and make an excellent objet for that psych patient to get a hold of.
Or don't wear your scope around your neck with psych patients?