What's Up With "Acute Medical Services, LLC"?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So I'm seeing this private IFT service sprouting up all around Texas. I know that "Acute Medical Services, LLC" is the corporate entity that runs "Harris County Emergency Medical Services" out of Humble, and from the looks of the leadership team and the website, they've expanded to DFW with https://dfwems.com/, the East Texoma area with http://texomaems.com/ and probably a few other ones. Does anyone know what's up with them?

Personally, I think that they look like EMS fog. I know they're real, and I see them all over Houston, but I don't know much about them at all and their Internet presence and such is pretty light.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
They also have the contract for the .neighbors urgent cares and standalone ers. And they are contracted to some fixed wing services supposedly

Throwaway0911

Forum Ride Along
I actually work for acute medical services. We do quite a few transports. Our biggest contract is neighbor's ER and the harris county jail. We also do rollover calls for AMR. Anything in particular you are trying to find out?

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

any emergency stuff?

Throwaway0911

Forum Ride Along
any emergency stuff?

Kind of. The HCSO jail contract is 911 response. I've have a couple of overdoses and some not so serious trauma. We also do 911 response for a few nursing homes, although I've seen more exciting cases when we transfer patients out of LBJ or Ben taub.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

What sort of pay and schedules do y'all have?

Throwaway0911

Forum Ride Along
A basic with experience can make about $14/HR. A paramedic with no experience can make about $18/HR. As far as schedule goes, you can choose to either work 12's or 24's. We also have peak time trucks and they usually run 12's or 15's. Some people also choose to do 48's.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Dialysis and shenanigans?

Throwaway0911

Forum Ride Along
Honestly, we rarely do any dialysis calls or wound care transports....i have only done 1 wound care transport in the last 4 months.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Hmm. Interesting. Are the operations with north Texas linked?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Just for clarification, Harris County Emergency Medical Services does not provide EMS for Harris County; that is handled by Harris County Emergency Corps.

Based on what was described by throwaway0911, the company seems to be a plain old transport company, with little to no 911/emergency services, but they do have a couple of private facilities who call them instead of calling 911 for medical emergencies. And they have registered several domain names and probably a few DBAs to make them sound professional and look like a real 911 service, but they are still only a transport/NETS company.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just for clarification, Harris County Emergency Medical Services does not provide EMS for Harris County; that is handled by Harris County Emergency Corps.

Based on what was described by throwaway0911, the company seems to be a plain old transport company, with little to no 911/emergency services, but they do have a couple of private facilities who call them instead of calling 911 for medical emergencies. And they have registered several domain names and probably a few DBAs to make them sound professional and look like a real 911 service, but they are still only a transport/NETS company.
That's one hundred percent correct. And even HCEC doesn't provide EMS for the whole of Harris County. There's a lot of 911 providers in the county.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

The Corps does probably have the roughest overall area in the county, though. I mean, Creek has some rough areas, but the Corps is what happens when poverty marinates.