What type of junk do you keep in your trunk?

TraumaJunkie

Forum Crew Member
I was curious if alot of you keep jump kits in your car and if so what do pack in there? All i keep are some nitrile gloves and i have a microshield on my key chain.Thanks All.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Keep car wax, buffer, chrome polish, yes - latex gloves for auto trouble. I do have a reflective "Paramedic" vest, in the event I would ever stop.

No, I don't carry a jumpkit- personally do not see the need, since I don't stop. As well, when I did at one time; most of the material expired before I used it.

R/r 911

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
My first Jump kit had everything from ABD pads, trauma dressings and I even think an OB kit. It's shrunk considerably with each replacement and I now carry a small fanny pack with a pocket mask, gloves, eye protection, hearing protection, purex, (hmmm seems to be more about me these days!)

Since I often have to respond POV to a scene where I may be on scene for up to five minutes waiting for an ambulance, I also have a BP kit, stethoscope, assorted dressings, bandages and that's pretty much it. I also carry a pencil, small notebook, spare watch, and because I'm old, reading glasses.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
theres a considerable amount of gear in my truck. i use my first in bag for quite a bit more than onsight mvas. its also my gear bag for med details and ftx'x so it gets used quite a bit. its stocked to the smae standard as my private services'.

in addition, theres my tech rescue gear, my turnouts, my tools, and my unexpected overnight bag with all the usual crap in there

MRE

Forum Captain
For medical supplies, I keep a small trauma bag with a BP cuff and a scope. I attend a lot of Boy Scout events and more often than not, I am asked to be the acting health officer or manage a first aid station. Unfortunately I can't count on supplies being provided, so I find it best to keep a bag with me. Its proved usefull on many occasions.

For non medical, I have an assortment of camping gear, rope, a tarp, some flares, jumper cables, tow chains, and a come-along. It gets pretty rough in my area in the winter and most of these things are necessities.

Since there is no cell phone service in my town, I use a ham radio to communicate from my vehicle. Its not the most convenient mode of communication, but there are always people listening and any of them are happy to assist in an emergency.

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
first aid kit with some gloves. Always a good idea to have a first aid kit in the car, anyways. Spare tire, unused post office boxes, damaged posters. Fast food trash in the back seat, soad cans, crap everywhere but the driver's seat. I'm one of those people who is tidy at work only.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
I always carry a jumpbag in my trunk cuz i never know what im gonna run into while im driving around, I also carry a seatbelt cutter on my visor and a multi-purpose tool in my jumpbag as well as the normal stuff to carry in it.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
gloves and an EMS jacket. Thats it.

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
I have assorted bandages and bandaids. mostly the one I keep in my trunk is used for the bandaids and neosporin, more of a first aid kit. In my area the engine, ambulance or rescue squad, is usually close. EMS has to be there in 10 minutes from the call to 911, so theres not really a need for more.

Now in my truck I keep a fully stocked jump back with bandages, splints, tylenol, baby asa, I even have a c-collar, the whole 9 yards. I use it alot for off-roading, and sometimes we can be a days drive in, and I always worry about wrecks, involving me or my buddies, so I keep it stocked very well, cuz you never know, but I usually borrow most of the stuff from my service, and return it or pay for it.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I have a pile of old bags from Taco Bell.

Oh, and some gloves... a funnel.. some rope.. a couple dead hard drives that I haven't shot yet, 2 quarts of oil, and a tire iron. :)

I have a BLS bag at home but it's not in the car unless I'm going on a trip to the middle of nowhere.

maconEMS219

Forum Ride Along
In my truck i have turnout gear, wildland gear, my swift water rescue bag, a BLS jump bag and an O2 bottle. i use most of it a lot of the time but i have never used the BLS bag

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
In my truck i have turnout gear, wildland gear, my swift water rescue bag, a BLS jump bag and an O2 bottle. i use most of it a lot of the time but i have never used the BLS bag

I have a question regarding the O2 bottle.. isn't that a pressurized canister and subject to placard rules before transporting in a vehicle?

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
yes one gets more junk-n-da-trunk as the years go on

so what?

~S(does this jump suit make my trunk look big?)tevo~

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
I have a BLS bag and emergency vechile supplies bag and usually an extra uniform. A lot less since i decided to sell my car and cleaned it all out and then backed outa the deal...silly me!