What to do when you need help?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
In that case our only option is to wait. We get safety checks every 30 minutes. If we don't respond Code-4 (we are ok) to the checks dispatch will start to send help.

We had a local fire and ambulance crew get caught in the middle of a gun fight not too long ago. Talking to other employees of that service I guess you could hear them asking for help and hear gun shots in the background.

If we can't talk, and are being held, I figure hold an open mic on the fire channel. Hopefully it's in PS or CC so they dispatch them right away since it's unified.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If we can't talk, and are being held, I figure hold an open mic on the fire channel. Hopefully it's in PS or CC so they dispatch them right away since it's unified.

They don't even hear us half the time on the support channels so that would be useless. PS or CC would be the best bet in my opinion also.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
They don't even hear us half the time on the support channels so that would be useless. PS or CC would be the best bet in my opinion also.

Apparently, what I've been hearing from higher us, is they hear us, but don't respond in protest to the protocol where we have to respond with them as well. It's stupid, though, I know our night dispatcher at least won't respond PD until we tell them what's going on. So if we can't, we're screwed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Apparently, what I've been hearing from higher us, is they hear us, but don't respond in protest to the protocol where we have to respond with them as well. It's stupid, though, I know our night dispatcher at least won't respond PD until we tell them what's going on. So if we can't, we're screwed.

H or M night dispatch? Last time I had to call for PD, M (day dispatch) didn't question anything and just said "all units hold all radio traffic. Copy medic 104, they are on their way".