What to choose?

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
Have offers from Bowers and Americare on the table. I know very little of each company. Any idea who would provide a more solid option for long-term employment... i.e. work through medic school and transition to paramedic at a later time.

Good? Bad? Any non-biased, non judgmental, info would be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
Let me rephrase. I know about both companies in terms of what they do, the calls they run, their basic history, etc... What I mean is, from an employee POV. How's employee moral, etc...?

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
I know you mentioned you already know the calls they run, but isnt running the calls you want (911 vs IFT) your first priority? (americare got gerbers contract to run fire for santa monica right?)

Dont know much about americare, but I was also deciding between Bowers and APA. Pretty much everyone on the forum told me to go with Bowers and said good things about them which might be of help to your decision. Look on the second page of the EMS employment threads for "American Professional Ambulance." Let me know if you cant find it.

OP
OP
C

CaptainKidd

Forum Crew Member
I know you mentioned you already know the calls they run, but isnt running the calls you want (911 vs IFT) your first priority? (americare got gerbers contract to run fire for santa monica right?)

Dont know much about americare, but I was also deciding between Bowers and APA. Pretty much everyone on the forum told me to go with Bowers and said good things about them which might be of help to your decision. Look on the second page of the EMS employment threads for "American Professional Ambulance." Let me know if you cant find it.

Honestly, I can go either way on the types of calls. They both have their pros and cons. What interests me more is the overall company attitude, i.e. are people generally happy there? Do they have a high turn-over? Etc... I know you're going to have people that like and dislike a company for various reasons, I'm just trying to get an average feel.

I'll check out the thread you mention. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: