What not to say or do with a patient?

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
how bout the generic.... "uh-oh", "oops"...

and lets not forget "that can't be good" or "that's not supposed to happen"

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
"Is that a real Rolex?"

........b)......

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
After banging the back of the pt's head on the top of the rear door frame during an elaborate bariatric lift assist...

Me: (points to red "ALLERGIES" wristband) You're not allergic to bumps on the head, are you?

Went over like a stale fart. Okay, they can't all be winners.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
After banging the back of the pt's head on the top of the rear door frame during an elaborate bariatric lift assist...

Me: (points to red "ALLERGIES" wristband) You're not allergic to bumps on the head, are you?

Went over like a stale fart. Okay, they can't all be winners.

I would have giggled. *high fives*

EMT Fan15

Forum Crew Member
My friend Myke always pulls this one on me, whenever i get injured: Once, I had hit my head on a Oak shelf, and my friend Myke who is an EMt, picke dme up from my house in a rush, because of the fight with my father, and he climbs into the back seat with me, and checks my bump. He goes: "Oh My God! That's a huge bump!" Then, i freaked, and he laughed.

One thing funny in my Sports medicine Class in zhighschool though, is last thursday, we practiced giving the Standardizd Assessment of Concussions test, I was the PT, and my friend was the evaluator. earlier in the day, I got into a fight with my father, he wakced me on the head with a Controller. And, after max gave me the SAC, he looked at my Score. A 23/30. Failure. Good thing my Athletic trainer didn't see my score. Lol. I'd be screwed.