what is your biggest stressor while working

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The local hospital calling us back at 0200 to take a patient downtown. The same patient who I brought in at 1000. The one who the nurse told me they would surely be able to keep but refused to let me speak to the doctor. The patient who doesn't really have anything acutely wrong but needs to be admitted, but that would mean the nurses would have to wake up from their naps and call the doctor asleep in the break room.

So they call us instead. "You guys are already up anyway!" they say cheerily.

No. I. Was. Sleeping. In. My. Station.

Says I.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
At my old service: people who didn't like to work. My partner and I would do 2-3 runs in the same time they did one, from the same places.

Crews that take an hour or longer to mark in service; because they know that runs are holding

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Lazy/burned out coworkers or hospital staff. People who avoid giving pain medication to keep a call BLS, nurses who groan at every patient you bring in to the ER, medics who try to take borderline patients to local hospitals in the first due so they don't have to drive 20 minutes to the trauma center. Providers who are rude to psych or homeless patients.

That and being slow.