What is you standard out of chute time?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We're supposed to be moving within a minute of getting the call. However given that our trucks do not have GPS locators, this not really enforced. If there is a trend of a certain crew showing up late to multiple calls it can be reviewed by management to determine how long the drive should have been from the post that the truck started at. The majority of crews do not have a problem getting there on time though.

At night the medics get 2 minutes from being paged by dispatch to be out the door, but it's not like anyone gets in trouble if takes 3. BLS is always SSM, which sucks.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We have 1 min to answer page and be en route. We have avl but they only review if something bad happens or someone complains.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Ours for emergencies are 60 secs during the daytime and 90secs overnight.

Posting and non-emergency assignments are 3mins to be rolling. Dispatch tracks it off AVL. Miss one here or there and they wont say anything. Miss them consistently and it goes on dispatchers report and has to be addressed.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
The 911 service I used to work for was 60sec day and 90sec nights. The Private service was you marked enroute as soon as you got the call if it was an emergent or urgent call. (easy if you were sitting in the truck) harder if you were out side the truck in a resturaunt, etc but we would mark it that way on the radio.

Here our goal is 2 minutes, but our ambulance bay at one station is almost 100yds away down 2 halls and outside then back into the bay.
The other station it is only about 50'. Or we are sitting in the trucks.

Here the response time varies: I have been over 30 miles from a call, and 23 miles from a call on rough dirt roads. It makes a big diffence: but our coverage area is about 60X80 miles. So it can take up to 2 hrs to get to somewhere; and that is when the roads are good.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I assume you mean time till an ambulance is in service?

We dont have a requirement...But we adhere to the 5min 90% rule