what is an Introductory statement?

EchoMikeTango

Forum Crew Member
I am applying for a supervisor position, and they asked me for an Introductory statement. any ideas?

Is this just to state my skills, and tell a little about myself?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Supervisor of what?

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I assume it will be something similar to your objective on your resume.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
"The most effective resume will quickly grab the readers attention. It is essential that you introduce yourself to the reader with a compelling introductory statement that encapsulates your experience."

http://www.technical-resumes.com/category/it-resume-writing-and-format/

Example:

My name is John, I have been a Paramedic since 1995 in the greater Chicago area. I have worked with various ground transport 911 services in this area as well as a couple of private transport companies. I have been with my latest employer, "Star of Life Transport" for the last 6 years working as a full time EMT-P. I hold instructor certification in ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, and BLS from my time as an FTO (Field Training Officer) with my former service. I look forward to a management position with your organization.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
You have my permission to use this Introductory Statement

I was born in the back of an ambulance. Standing on steady ground still annoys me, I am incapable of keeping my eyes fixed on any one object for more than 20 seconds and if my hands aren't fiddling with something, I have to sit on them. My first words were "What Code?" and I Always wrote "with" as the letter "c" with a line over it. If I have to do any one thing for longer than 40 minutes, I fall asleep. That includes sex. My children understand to not bother Daddy with anything less than an amputation, and people do what I say because they know I live, breathe and fart the work.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I was born in the back of an ambulance. Standing on steady ground still annoys me, I am incapable of keeping my eyes fixed on any one object for more than 20 seconds and if my hands aren't fiddling with something, I have to sit on them. My first words were "What Code?" and I Always wrote "with" as the letter "c" with a line over it. If I have to do any one thing for longer than 40 minutes, I fall asleep. That includes sex. My children understand to not bother Daddy with anything less than an amputation, and people do what I say because they know I live, breathe and fart the work.

You're hired!