What Helps You Hold Up?

Monday

Forum Probie
Here goes the well intentioned possibly nonsense thread, feel free to ignore ;)

With the pandemic outbreak things are understandably harder for many of us.

And people are sheeple ignoring sensible advice days in and out.

So, thought a motivational and keep going, all y'all are doing awesome just going to job the next day, thread might be useful.

What are the things that help you keep your head up, stress down, not being over the top annoyed? What refills your hope and faith in your community and humanity? What makes the crisis just another adversity, you soo got this? What makes you feel right and good in your profession? What little daily things are still worth the chuckle and smile, corona or non corona?

Post 'em up ;)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
people are sheeple ignoring sensible advice days in and out.
Knowing that I will never come close to impacting these types of individuals, I steer clear at all costs.
What are the things that help you keep your head up, stress down, not being over the top annoyed?
Family, and my personal faith and belief system. None of which I care to bombard anyone with at any point and time, pandemic or not.
What makes the crisis just another adversity, you soo got this?
See reply above.
What makes you feel right and good in your profession?
The same things that make me feel right and good as a human being in general.
What little daily things are still worth the chuckle and smile, corona or non corona?
Lol, I don't think my humor's changed much in the last few weeks. I don't anticipate it will in the coming weeks to months either.

Obviously some of my basic hobbies have been reduced in the wake of social distancing, but it's not the end of the world...yet (pun intended. See? I'm still hilarious). Seriously though, it's a day-to-day approach to this for my family and I. And yes, we do pray daily.

At times I do feel like I am on the outside looking in on people with nothing but fear, and angst in their hearts. I mostly feel sympathy for them. It's my belief that they just cannot help themselves.

Good first thread post, OP. I'm interested to hear others/chime in as well.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
And people are sheeple ignoring sensible advice days in and out.
I'm pretty sure there's plenty of sensible advice being ignored at all levels. I try to avoid getting aggravated by viewing the public as being more confused than willfully ignorant. There is so much mixed messaging from information sources, I don't expect the average citizen to know what makes sense anymore.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
The fact that I'm one of the few people in the city who gets to hang out with many of my friends despite the panic.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
The hazard pay...
download (9).png