What can YOU do?

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+May 5 2005, 03:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 5 2005, 03:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 5 2005, 12:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-emtbuff
@May 5 2005, 11:20 AM

And also any obvious deaths that we come along we can call for the corner.  No pulse, Breathing, signs of rigor, and any obviouse death by decap.

Corner?

is this the new thing with stiffs... leave them at nearest corner?

(I know this is the pot calling the kettle black, but...)
And what do you do with the deceased?

When I lived back home, the funeral director was a firefighter, so if there was an ambulance run w/ the possibility of deceased persons; he brought the hearse to pick them up. He was also the county coroner, not just out looking for business. Of course if the call was for arrest, he didn't come.. Just the "confirmed dead".

At least we could bury our mistakes. lol [/b][/quote]
Sorry must have been a late night.

With the deceased we leave them lay until the coroner (there better?) And then when he comes we have usually already called the local funeral director and when he arrives we help remove the body and load into the hearse. However we have also loaded the deceased into the rig and took the body to the funeral home.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Originally posted by xems@May 13 2005, 09:45 PM
im a student from nj n im pretty sure we dont use combitubes so jus wonderin what r they??
A combitube is similar to an ET tube. The only thing is that combi is done via blind insertion. It has two tubes up on the top one of the tubes puts air straight on through the tube and the second lets the air out of little holes down on the bottom portion of the tube. There are two balloon cuffs on the tube one is almost all the way to the bottom of the tube and the secound one is about half way up the tube. The reason for the two tubes to ventilate is that if you miss the trach with the main tube (the one the air goes straight through) the air ends up in the stomach (not a good thing) so then you switch it over to the secound tube and ventilate it should go in to the lungs because the holes on the side are between the two balloons. so it forces the air into the trach. So I am sure someone with a little more time on their hands will be able to find a pic and post it.

xems

Forum Ride Along
oo we just get a BVM i think i know what they look like thanks

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
0218537MAIN2.jpg.jpg

Thar it be... I just got certified to use one. Pretty simple. B)