What can you do in EMS besides work on an ambulance?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I know a guy who is now being paid to get his degree in something while doing tissue harvesting. He started off by doing skin collecting PRN and then got picked up full time and now does other tissues and as he finishes his degree he will be allowed to do even more. (Obviously never living organs but he still makes more then I could ever imagine).

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Hospitals, doctor offices, urgent care clinics, Scout Camps, YMCA/YWCA camps, church camps, Events, Tours, cruise ships, oil fields, Oil rigs, Mines, Cargo Ships, company in Alaska is hiring medics to work on fish processing plants 4 months a year, making about $65-75K plus bonuses.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hospitals, doctor offices, urgent care clinics, Scout Camps, YMCA/YWCA camps, church camps, Events, Tours, cruise ships, oil fields, Oil rigs, Mines, Cargo Ships, company in Alaska is hiring medics to work on fish processing plants 4 months a year, making about $65-75K plus bonuses.
Alaska makes it damn near impossible to get reciprocity as a full Paramedic. The process is about as out dated as ever, you need to give up your first born and a kidney, and they take 6 months-1 year.

For a place with such a need for medical care you’d think it would be more streamlined.

SSMTB

Forum Probie
I work in a cvicu/ burn unit as tech/monitor tech / other stuff it’s a good job, pays well and is way more than I thought I would do as an EMT

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Down here in horlando, Flatistan, we have EMTs and medics all over the theme parks. I looked at a part time retirement gig at Crayola World, but too many cooties in the air in that place.

When I was working as a cop, I did job fairs and interviews. We liked an applicant with an EMT card, regardless of other background. It makes a nice elective in school.