What books is your paramedic class using?

daveccarsley

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in a Medic class. The textbooks we are using are Paramedic Care, Principals and practice fourth edition. The school gave us the workbook (our homework) on a CD Rom with a bunch of Microsoft word files instead of buying the actual workbook for us (even though the class was 5 grand). After several of us noted that many of the homework questions are not able to be found in the text and are outdated, we have developed a suspicion that they did not buy the "fourthedition" workbook, and are using an old one, which they totally deny. This class is hard enough without being given homework that correlates with a textbook that we don't have.

the only way I could prove this is if somebody here is actually using the homework book for the true FOURTH edition of "Paramedic Care, Principals and practice" and could compare a couple questions on these handouts with me. thanks so much in advance everyone.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What program are you in if we may ask? I'm not using the same book (Nancy Carolina emergency care in the streets).

J B

Forum Lieutenant
My medic school uses that set of books, but I haven't had to open the workbooks yet... Going to see if I can avoid opening them, and then resell for more monies. Not sure if I can be of much use to you.

OP
OP
D

daveccarsley

Forum Ride Along
I'm not sure exactly how specific I should get as it's a very large ambulance company in Michigan, and I have no doubt that many employees, and maybe instructors use this site, and I really don't want it to be known that I'm "digging" when they have already answered my question (though I believe falsely).

It's a rather large private ambulance service in Michigan. It's not a college, but they are accredited to teach Paramedic through the state, and also are accredited by CAAS.

is that enough info lol? Just trying to keep myself out of trouble and in the good graces of the teacher ya know.

OP
OP
D

daveccarsley

Forum Ride Along
My medic school uses that set of books, but I haven't had to open the workbooks yet... Going to see if I can avoid opening them, and then resell for more monies. Not sure if I can be of much use to you.

You guys don't get homework?

Pkreilley

Forum Probie
nancy caroline