What are you're "go to" primary and secondary airway methods?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
How much is the Intubrite? Does it compare to the McGrath?

I'm not at liberty to discuss our pricing, but I'm sure Boundtree (or whomever you normally purchase from) can provide a great deal...

As I mentioned above, the Intubrite uses a traditional handle/blade equipment style and intubation techniques, unlike the McGrath, KingVision or any other VL I've used. It's VERY similar to your everyday DL. If you haven't tried it yet, and are looking at VL, it's worth a trial period. http://intubrite.com/vls-6600/

SMC

Forum Probie
This is a tough question. I would like to tell you Mac 3 with a bougie every time but we have the CoPilot VL in our Wambulance.

My experience tells me that I'm lucky to have Mac blades, Miller blades of all sizes. Bougies. CoPilot, CoPilot rigid stylet. I have all sorts of options.

I think it depends on the airway. The condition of the airway of the patient I'm attempting to tube at that time.

Bloody airway. Lots of suction and Direct laryngoscopy. My personal experience has had the camera lens get blocked with blood. I.E a Video device that actually manipulates airway anatomy along with video would be great. there is a difference. Not all VL devices actually manipulate airway anatomy. Some just have a camera and and are not designed to manipulate anatomy.

I could go on for hours but I think we need to be good at all devices. And I think it depends on the patient and our available equipment as to what we choose to pass a tube with.

King LTD over the Combitube any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Start another thread on surgical.