What are some things that you have been taught that is total BS?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
He'll eventually learn that he's not IT man, the worse you can encounter is worn out Medics that give you all their BS... just after you mentioned you want to go to medic school. Who cares if you are tired of EMS? Just give me useful info and keep your complaints to yourself. I look forward in encouraging future medics, that's your best medic right there.

The "tired of EMS BS" as you call it is TRYING to keep people from stepping off into the same mistakes many of us have made. They're not complaints, very often they're realistic views. Being a medic is far, far from lives saved, rainbows and unicorns, especially once you figure out how little your doing in a lot of cases.

johatan25

Forum Ride Along
The "tired of EMS BS" as you call it is TRYING to keep people from stepping off into the same mistakes many of us have made. They're not complaints, very often they're realistic views. Being a medic is far, far from lives saved, rainbows and unicorns, especially once you figure out how little your doing in a lot of cases.

There's a big difference between Realistic Views and Complaints. This is not something new to me, as I've been interested and involved in patient care about 9 years. You can tell when there's a medic who loves what they do be it calm or be it storm, and there are others that can't stand taking a simple call. You never do 'little' in the medical field. As far as keeping other people in making the same mistakes, that is done with advice and tips.

Veneficus

Forum Chief

JPINFV

Gadfly
Whatcu talking about. That is the most true thing i have ever learned.

oh_you.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Basics ARE good at remembering BLS stuff that medics sometimes forget when we get busy thinking ALS stuff that we need to keep track of.

Good Basic partner is better than a Medic partner in alot of cases.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Basics ARE good at remembering BLS stuff that medics sometimes forget when we get busy thinking ALS stuff that we need to keep track of.

Good Basic partner is better than a Medic partner in alot of cases.

Not to bash Basics, because I've worked with some great ones, but a good paramedic thinks of appropriate patient care regardless of the labeling of BLS and ALS. If a good paramedic doesn't perform a "BLS" intervention that his partner thinks should have been performed, a lot of times there's a good reason for it.

Basic partners are especially better when the medic wants to stay up and proficient on his skills and doesn't have another medic partner to have to share them with >=[