Wemt

fireemslife

Forum Ride Along
Does anybody know where I could find a WEMT class in North Jersey Ihave no idea where to look and would really like to do it

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
There are only three or four schools that teach WEMT (or a module to upgrade EMT-B), and none nearby NJ. However, each schools brings their courses onto the road-- you are very likely to find one in your area within the next few months. From personal expierence, I highly recommend SOLO-- Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities, based out of Conway, NH. Check them out at soloschools.com
Also check out NOLS.edu (National Outdoor Leadership School/Wilderness Medical Institute) and WMA (Wilderness Medical Association, dont know their website).
Check them all out...
The "module" upgrade course is about a week long (usually 5-6 days), about 15 hours are spent on "rescue skills" the rest on different treatment modalaties for the wilderness.

I dont want to go on and on here, but it really is a great course, PM me for more info/questions.
DES

Last edited by a moderator:

zacdav89

Forum Crew Member
just thought i would let you know that the web page www.nols.org is wrong its and edu extention you get the north olyimpic library syestem with this link. they do have alot of classes all over the nation.
hope this helped.
www.nols.edu this is the right link

Last edited by a moderator: