Well

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I guess I'll introduce myself as well. I have made several post already, but I am still new to this site. I joined yesterday after a couple of friends of mine told me about it. Anyway, I'm a paramedic and work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, I have been involved in medicine, whether in the hospital or on the truck, for approximately 15 years. If there's anything else you'd like to know just ask. Oh yeah, Hello all!!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi Fedmedic!! now that sounds like a very trippy job! by the way Happy Turkey Day!!:) :) :)

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Welcome to the site may you learn lots, laugh and add your experiences and add your questions.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Welcome! So you work for the FBP huh...I bet you have saw some interesting people in your work...of course I am also glad that we have people like you who are willing to work in the prison system.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Welcome 2 a fellow pill pusher. Did you get the other 2 flunkies to sign up yet?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome!

What, exactly are you job duties? Are you an EMT?

Finially - what does your signature mean?

OP
OP
Fedmedic

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome!

What, exactly are you job duties? Are you an EMT?

Finially - what does your signature mean?

I am a NREMT-Paramedic, my jobs are the same as on the streets in an ambulance. With the addition of we do more clinical things as well, we function more like a PA. We give antibiotics, insulin, treat patients like they were in a MD's office or ER. We're in the process of working on a suture protocol, then we will be suturing. Basically an emergency trained PA.

My signature= That is what I tell the inmates when they come to medical complaining about some BS issue, "Cowboy up and call me when it is a real emergency."

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Cool... do you guys have any "tactical" duties to assist/back up the prison guards?

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
We are Officers First. Our job is a paramedic but we are Officers first. Anyone who works for the BOP is an Officer.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Fun fun fun.

I looked at a posting in PA for an "EMT", but by the listed skill set, I'd need to be an EMT-P. Bummer.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
You are still young get your medic and apply. I still think it beats riding a truck. I miss the calls but my back and legs sure don't miss the lifting, and jumping in and out of the truck.

trauma1534

Forum Captain
That's because you are just an old flunkie, jeep! LOL JK! You know I gotta show you, Fedmedic and Prizenmedik some love! Ya'll are the best! By the way, where is the 4th flunkie? Didn't ya'll get him to join yet?

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I will work on him on Monday.

nrmedic

Forum Ride Along
My name.....

We are going to have to create some sort of rotation for the use of the name. When I tried to create my profile on here with it and was told it was used I knew it was you! Amazing how partners think alike. Still love ya though.

OP
OP
Fedmedic

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
We are going to have to create some sort of rotation for the use of the name. When I tried to create my profile on here with it and was told it was used I knew it was you! Amazing how partners think alike. Still love ya though.

Utterly amazing!! Hey, how's the new baby and the baby's mama?

nrmedic

Forum Ride Along
More sleep deprived than I ever was working 24's but doing good. Anybody missing me at work? And I don't mean the inmates either....LOL

OP
OP
Fedmedic

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Of course we miss you!! We're starting to rock on the hill, supposed to be full by June. The SHU opens this month, gonna be off the hook. When are you coming back? I know Keith misses you. He has been working with everyone and sometimes by himself.

Well get some sleep and take care of the new baby.
Love ya honey!!

Babymedic

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone, i just ran across this site yesterday. i am excited to see how this works. i have never done anything like this online ems wise. looking forward to getting aquainted.:blush:

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
More sleep deprived than I ever was working 24's but doing good. Anybody missing me at work? And I don't mean the inmates either....LOL

You know we miss you. We love you. Hope the todler is doing good. She will be driving soon right. She is almost as tall as momma already :lol: