"Well STOP pushing!!"

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Part of my questioning of women who think they are in labor here in the ER includes "Has your water broke?"

Tonight, the woman's husband answered with "No, but you can see the babies head!"

What was my response, in all my great training..

"Well STOP PUSHING THEN!!" as I grab the phone to start calling for nurses and a Dr to my desk.

No crap, 3 minutes later, we had a baby. They barely got here to the ER bed and her legs up and here comes baby.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
WOOO HOOO!!! I got to see placenta!!

Now THATS gross!!!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
When my nephew was born, he was rushed to the hospital Code 3 in the front of his daddy's squad car. He came into the world less than two minutes of arriving at the hospital. Needless to say he got lots of police car type shirts/onesies his first year.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I was none the less to impressed when I turned around from grabbing her file to see she had propped one leg up on my desk and was pushing. I acutually envisioned myself pushing her foot right off my desk and back onto the floor, but thank god all that came out was

"Stop Pushing!"

When she said Ok, she would try....My answer..

"Try harder! You have to STOP IT NOW!"

About that time nurses and Dr's came from everywhere to get her an ER bed. Thank GOD!!! Look through past posts and you'll refresh your memories as to how I feel about childbirth. If she'd of had that baby on my desk, I'd have been a patient here myself!!

Her admission time to our hospital 0059
Babies birth time 0101.

That was the fastest I ever had someone admitted. They thought for - well literally one minuted - that they might have had time to give her something for pain....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
C'mon, Princess.... National Standard Curicula teaches childbirth.

It isn't hard.... like catching a slimy fooball :D

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Sep 28 2005, 06:52 AM

It isn't hard.... like catching a slimy fooball :D

That's exactly how my instructor described it.

Princess, LOL great story, you get some real winners in there!

I keep telling my husband he should have been in the medical field. With my first child we were surrounded by family & friends, (Me spread eagle for all the world to see.) That was the first (and last) day of my life when I seriously considered homocide and suicide.

So the second time, I made sure no one came for the delivery but Jason. So I give birth and it's time to get the afterbirth, while they were cleaning up my daughter my husband stands next to the dr and was asking her all sorts of questions about what she was doing, they had a lovely chat :rolleyes: , and every once in a while he'd look over at me and say, Jenn you should see this, it's So cool.

B*****d :angry: :p